Collegiate School seeks an Administrative Assistant to the Associate Head of School/Special Projects Coordinator. Working in the Head of School Suite, this position works directly with the Associate Head of School on her daily and strategic needs. Strong interpersonal, executive functioning, and technological skills are critical. Providing support and leadership in developing the Associate Head of School's daily calendar, predicting and responding to needs as well as large projects and initiatives for direct reports and the Head of School's office. Supporting school wide initiatives and annual needs in concert with the Human Resources Department, such as supporting faculty recruiting and onboarding efforts, tracking and coordinating faculty professional development and licensure needs, this team member works closely with the Associate Head of School on the administration of faculty grants. Tracking departmental budget reports and coordinating department logistics for many areas of the School, including the Powell Institute for Responsible Citizenship, this position keeps annual calendars for submission of annual documentation and supports accreditation and strategic planning efforts for the School.
This is a full-time, 12-month position.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
FACULTY RECRUITMENT AND ONBOARDING
• Work with the Human Resources Department to coordinate the Diversity Career Fair
• Serve as the primary contact for new faculty hires
• Prepare and send information regarding the Opening of School schedule and New Faculty Orientation program including coordinating the schedule, food and other details of the orientation and opening of School weeks.
• Maintain the New Faculty Resource Board
• Prepare and send information regarding new faculty mentors
• Help plan and participate in orientation for faculty
• Conduct off-season on-boarding for faculty hired after August, if applicable
TRACK AND COORDINATE FACULTY PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
• Coordinate with Associate Head of School JK-12 professional development programs including New Teacher Orientation, New Faculty Mentors, Faculty Professional Days, Faculty Summer Grants, Summer Professional Development on Campus, Faculty/Staff Summer Reading
• Coordinate all faculty professional development requests, travel and follow up
• Track professional development endowments, monitor spending, and provide monthly updates to Associate Head of School
• Maintain and update professional development files for all faculty
• Coordinate licensure renewals for faculty with the Virginia Department of Education Division of Teacher Licensure
• Document professional development points for faculty and prepare licensure paperwork
• Schedule AED, CPR and First Aid training
• Create and Maintain new Faculty Professional Development Resource Board
PROVIDE ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT FOR THE ASSOCIATE HEAD OF SCHOOL
• Update and maintain Folio Information on all faculty
• Update Atlas with faculty/grade/course changes
•Schedule meetings/manage calendar for Associate Head of School
•Track Associate Head of School budgets/endowments – including Instructional •Tech and Powell Institute for Responsible Citizenship
• Work with Technology Department to coordinate purchases and budget
• Assist with accreditation process/maintain accreditation files
• Other Administrative tasks as needed
• Maintain copies of current job descriptions for faculty members
SUPPORT POWELL INSTITUTE FOR RESPONSIBLE CITIZENSHIP
• Work with PIRC to coordinate capstone programming and special events such as • International Emerging Leaders Conference and Ethics Bowl, and Chinese New Year
• Provide administrative support for student travel opportunities
• Other Administrative tasks as needed
Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
• Ability to exercise discretion in employee relations matters and maintain confidentiality
• Strong written and oral communication skills and outstanding technology skills
• Possesses resourcefulness and has a high degree of flexibility as well as problem solving ability
•Maintains knowledge of data processes and contributes to design and improvement of those processes
• Performs data entry accurately and efficiently
•Proficiently uses Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Office Suite, and HRIS solutions
• Experience in and commitment to the ongoing development and maintenance of an inclusive campus community
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Leadership/Integrity – effectively communicates the School's shared purpose; builds trust among colleagues; is accountable; lives up to commitments.
• Team Player/Commitment to Cause – understands the big picture and handles areas of responsibility in a manner consistent with the School's mission and values. Offers assistance within the office especially during busy times.
• Interpersonal Skills – relates to the Collegiate community including faculty, staff, students, parents and applicants in a cooperative manner.
• Productivity/Organizing/Planning – meets deadlines, demonstrates effective use of time and handles multiple assignments simultaneously.
• Willingness to Acknowledge Areas for Growth – understands the need for growth and is receptive to constructive feedback.
• Confidentiality - Given the nature of personnel related work, maintain confidentiality at all times.
To apply, please go to https://www.collegiate-va.org/our-school/careers
Collegiate School is an independent, JK-12 college preparatory, coeducational school with over 1,600 students in Richmond, VA with a vibrant community of learners where students thrive. We aspire to create an inclusive environment that promotes engaged citizenship and encourages compassionate leadership. With our core values of honor, love of learning, excellence, respect and community, we develop minds that seek and hearts that serve. Our exceptional faculty and staff not only deliver preeminent programs but prepare the next generation of inquisitive thinkers, responsible citizens and compassionate leaders.
The School is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or military status, marital status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. Employment decisions at the School are based on merit, qualifications and skills.