APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT LEAD ANALYST
APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT LEAD ANALYST
Information Systems Technology
Hiring Range: $68,366 - $92,293
Deadline: 11:59 p.m. March 26, 2023
Chesterfield County Virginia!
You will love working at Chesterfield County and we’d love to have you join our team. Civic pride and making a difference are just two reasons to join the Chesterfield County team. Want to help Chesterfield achieve the vision of “being an extraordinary and innovative community in which to live, learn, work, and play”? Chesterfield County is the fourth largest local jurisdiction in the state of Virginia and is a recognized leader across the country for being innovative, delivering high-quality results, and embracing new technology. The Center for Digital Government has recognized Chesterfield as one of the top five counties of our size over the past several years. Awards and recognitions for innovative business solutions and openness and transparency of information are received annually.
- Graduate from an accredited college with a bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science; minimum of five years of experience with web development technologies; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Strong communications skills; verbal, written and presentation.
Lead Analyst Role:
This position assists with the design, development, testing, implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting of a diverse set of technical solutions and development platforms in support of all Chesterfield County departments. This position will serve as a junior developer working directly with more senior developers. Close collaboration and mentoring with other teams including data & analytics, GIS, network, database, and security teams is essential. Primarily responsible for the development, maintenance, and modernization of internally developed assets within the Chesterfield County asset registry. Assist the county in migrating legacy systems to modern platforms with a cloud-first approach. Drive innovation and integration of new strategic technologies such as mobile touch-based development and cloud-native platform as a service development. Perform other work as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Implements responsive design patterns
- Experience with OOP/SOLID development
- Experience building and consuming APIs
- Ability to query and perform data manipulations on relational databases
- Exposure to RDBMS design patterns
- Understands and implements security considerations during development
- Exposure to SDLC including source control and bug/task tracking.
- Ability to deliver independently or as part of a team
- Strong desire to learn and adapt to new technologies
PLEASE NOTE: Must maintain personal mobile technology as a condition of employment.
- Experience building front end web-applications utilizing modern architecture and frameworks
- Experience working with Microsoft web technologies.
- Exposure to cloud technologies
- Exposure to agile teams and practices.
- Experience with testing frameworks is a plus
Pre-employment drug testing, FBI criminal background check and education/degree verification required. This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice's "Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy" and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent criminal background check.
This position is a part of an approved Career Development Plan (CDP) and offers career progression opportunities and salary incentives, as funding permits, based on performance, qualifications, and experience.
A Chesterfield County application is required and must be submitted online by deadline. Visit chesterfield.gov/careers to view instructions and to complete and submit an application. (804) 748-1551.
An Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Workforce Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion