CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER (CIO)
CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER (CIO)
Chesterfield County, Virginia (Richmond-Metro Area), a recognized leader and award-winning local government, is seeking an experienced, innovative, and forward-thinking leader who will lead, plan, coordinate and direct the activities of the Information Systems Technology department. The department has an annual budget of $21.2 million. The Information Systems Technology department employs 106 authorized full-time positions and reports to the Deputy County Administrator for Community Operations.
The director will provide key leadership in managing the day-to-day operations of the Information Systems Technology department to provide high quality services and programs including:
- Direct the efficient delivery of comprehensive Information Systems Technology programs and telecommunication systems
- Lead the development of the department’s vision for short and long-term strategic direction with the implementation of department initiatives in line with the county’s strategic plan
- Manage the IST department’s current daily operations and budget and making key personnel decisions for a staff of 109 employees
- Implement a coordinated IT strategy, policies, procedures and business practices that promote integrity and protect public assets
- Work in partnership with the IST project management office and County Administration on IT project prioritization
- Develop a model and provide leadership for IT governance processes and define roles and responsibilities of key individuals
- Lead and work with the county Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) to implement effective cyber security programs
- Evaluate opportunities for streamlining of information and technology functions
- Facilitate partnerships with customer departments through the IST business relationship management group
- Support and continue to develop IST’s Technology Project Management Office (PMO)
- Manage the assessment of the county's IST workforce needs and develop strategies and plan to meet those needs
Applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree in information technology, business or public administration or related field is required; master’s degree is preferred. Minimum of ten years of progressively responsible managerial and leadership experience in technology, including seven years of technology experience in a senior management capacity with a comparable organization, or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Certification as a government CIO and/or in project management (PMP), process improvement, change management (ADKAR/Prosci), information security management (CISM or CISA), enterprise governance of IT or other discipline preferred, but not mandatory.
Good driving record, pre-employment drug test and extensive background check required.
To review the recruitment profile and application instructions, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/chesterfieldco and review the Special Recruitment header.
The application deadline date is April 13, 2023 at 5 p.m. Interested applicants should submit a confidential resume with cover letter and must include salary requirements to:
Mary Martin Selby, Director of Human Resources
Chesterfield County Human Resources
P.O. Box 40
Chesterfield, VA 23832
Electronic responses are required and should be directed to
An Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Workforce Diversity