Lead Application Developer
Lead Application Developer
Information Systems Technology
Salary Range: $77,542 - $131,822
Deadline: 11:59 p.m. May 1, 2022
Chesterfield County, Virginia!
You will love working at Chesterfield County and we'd love to have you join our team. Civic pride and making a difference are just two reasons to join the Chesterfield County team. Want to help Chesterfield achieve the vision of "being an extraordinary and innovative community in which to live, learn, work, and play"? Chesterfield County is the fourth largest local jurisdiction in the state of Virginia and is a recognized leader across the country for being innovative, delivering high-quality results, and embracing new technology. The Center for Digital Government has recognized Chesterfield as one of the top five counties of our size over the past several years. Awards and recognitions for innovative business solutions and openness and transparency of information are received annually. Chesterfield IT teams have performed well at the Governor of Virginia's Data-thon challenge the past three years, earning the coveted Governor's Cup.
Our Development Goals
Evangelize the benefits of developing with APIs
Leverage modern platforms to exceed customer expectation
Transform business needs into innovative solutions
Expedite code delivery using continuous integration and deployment
Lead Developer Role:
This position is an integral part of the Application Development Team under the direction of the Development Architect/Manager. The primary duties include full stack web development utilizing Microsoft technologies for the middle and back-end tiers for new projects. Helping to mentor junior staff members on all aspects of the application lifecycle. Assist the county in migrating legacy systems to modern platforms or replacement solutions. Responsible for assisting with the maintenance, 24x7 support, and adherence to standards of more than 130 internally developed applications, web services, APIs, and system interfaces in the Chesterfield County Asset Registry. Perform other work as required.
This position is a part of an approved Career Development Plan (CDP) and offers career progression opportunities and salary incentives, as funding permits, based on performance, qualifications, and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Able to analyze moderate sized applications and design the appropriate architecture.
• Applies knowledge of HTML and CSS to efficiently layout web pages including UX design principles and accessibility.
• Ability to analyze and query complex data structures.
• Create stored procedures, functions, and user defined types.
• Understands and applies database development best practices.
• Implements interfaced based programming and dependency injection.
• Understands and applies complex model binding in MVC/Web API
• Applies security best practices appropriately.
• Tests and documents code.
• Work with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tool such as TFS or GIT.
• Modern UI development utilizing NPM, webpack, Node.js, and VueJS is a plus.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
• Ability to work alone or with a team.
• Graduate from an accredited college with a degree in Information Systems or Computer Science and/or progressive IT application development experience.
• Minimum of six years working experience developing full-stack web-based applications.
Must maintain personal mobile technology as a condition of employment.
Pre-employment drug testing, FBI criminal background check and education/degree verification required. This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice's "Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy" and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent criminal background check.
• Three years of experience designing and building responsive applications.
• Demonstrated ability working with and consuming JSON via API calls.
• Five years of demonstrated use of Microsoft development technologies including: C# (Framework/Standard/Core), ASP.Net, MS SQL, MVC, WCF, and Web API.
• Experience with developing and deploying solutions utilizing cloud architectures including PAAS and IAAS offerings is a plus.
• Exposure to agile teams and practices.
PLEASE NOTE: Previous applicants do not need to re-apply. Applications will remain under consideration until position is filled.
A Chesterfield County application is required and must be submitted online by deadline.
An Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Workforce Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion