Senior Automation Analyst
Senior Automation Analyst
Hiring Range: $49,875 - $85,445
Deadline: 11:59 p.m. November 28, 2021
Who We Are
The Chesterfield County Department of Utilities is a public water and wastewater utility that uses state-of-the-art technology to deliver the highest quality service to its more than 110,000 water customers and 93,000 wastewater customers. We have a culture that is invested in making a difference in the community by meeting or exceeding water quality standards while also protecting the James River and Chesapeake Bay. We pride ourselves in being fiscally fit, being one of only a handful of water and wastewater utilities nationwide to have achieved AAA ratings on its revenue bonds from each of the three top ratings services.
What You Do and How You Do It
As a Senior Automation Analyst, you will analyze the business information needs of the Department of Utilities' and provide recommendations for the use of technology to drive effective and efficient solutions. You will work as a member of the dynamic Utilities Automation Team and will work collaboratively with team members in supporting technology that addresses critical business functions and department user needs, to include:
• Design, develop and support relational database solutions in a Microsoft SQL Server environment
• Consult with internal and external stakeholders to establish project scope, system goals, and requirements
• Develop, test, and modify various SQL queries, Stored Procedures, SQL Agent Jobs, and ad-hoc and SSRS reporting
• Promote and recommend best practices to improve automation frameworks and processes, including maintenance issues, operation requirements, disaster recovery and security
• Implement and support upgrades, configuration and customization of tools and technologies to meet the business and user needs
• Maintain documentation for technical processes, procedures and training materials for applications, databases, and systems
• Provide troubleshooting and technical support in order to ensure that technology adheres to system development methodology and policies, procedures, laws and regulations
• Extract system data, analyze, and organize data, and compile data into spreadsheets and analytical reports
• Serve as back-up to the Utilities Principal Automation Analyst
• Perform other work as required
Here's What You Need
Bachelor's degree in information systems; minimum of three years of computer experience in systems analysis and database administration in a relational database environment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
The successful candidate will share a passion for local government, have a solid understanding of system development methodologies and database concepts, be an excellent analytical thinker, possess good problem-solving and communication skills, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Must have a team-oriented approach, a proven record of developing positive working relationships, and a desire to innovate.
Pre-employment drug testing, FBI criminal background check and education/degree verification required.
The hiring range for this position is $49,875 - $85,445.
PLEASE NOTE: Must maintain personal mobile technology as a condition of employment.
What's in it for You:
If you are passionate about making a difference in the community, join our team. We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, including the Virginia Retirement System defined benefit plan. We work hard to achieve our mission, but we also value work-life balance through paid-time off and flexible work schedules. We support professional development through career development plans, tuition reimbursement program, our award-winning learning and development programs, and opportunities for advancement within the organization. For more information, please visit Chesterfield County Utilities Department.
Other Duties We Want to Mention:
Analyze the Department of Utilities' information needs and make recommendations for improvements. Develop, interpret, and support relational database solutions in a Microsoft SQL Server environment that address critical business functions or needs for the department. Identify and troubleshoot code-related issues. Extract data, present data, and put data into spreadsheets; create, modify, and test various SQL queries, stored procedures, and views for obtaining data. Create consistent and accurate technical documentation of implemented applications, databases, and systems. Create and modify existing SSRS reports. Assist other analysts and the Automation Coordinator in the research and implantation of best practices for the department's database environment including maintenance issues, operation requirements, disaster recovery, and security. Evaluate and propose the effectiveness of alternative approaches to user needs; assist in the training of department personnel in the utilization of computer systems and software. Perform other work as required.
PLEASE NOTE: Position open until filled (first review to begin November 8, 2021).
This position is a part of an approved Career Development Plan (CDP) and offers career progression opportunities and salary incentives, as funding permits, based on performance, qualifications, and experience.
A Chesterfield County application is required and must be submitted online by deadline.
An Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Workforce Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion