BUSINESS SUPPORT GENERALIST - HUMAN RESOURCES
Goochland Powhatan Community Services (GPCS) is currently seeking a full time Business Support Generalist to support the agency’s administrative operations. We are looking for an individual who is proficient in handling multiple tasks and working on multiple projects simultaneously.
Minimum salary for this position is $52,000 and will be based on experience and qualifications.
This position is responsible for assisting in the human resources operations of the administration unit of
GPCS. Primary responsibilities of this position are completion of administrative work in the following areas, recruitment and onboarding, training, personnel file management, contract tracking, and benefits administration.
• Maintain human resources files in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. Including hiring, personnel, medical, and background check files.
• Maintain required pre-employment screening files.
• Complete regular audits of employee files to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Manage and track required training for new and existing employees.
• Track active agency contracts including status, deadlines, and items covered.
• Complete required ACA reporting
• Facilitate Annual Creditable Coverage Documentation
• Ensure compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification.
• Work closely with the Senior Director, Administration in development and distribution of communications regarding wellness, benefits, and employment matters.
• Work closely with the Senior Director, Administration in preparing for and conducting new employee orientation
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of basic human resources functions and procedures, required. Knowledge of federal and state human resources compliance and laws, required. Knowledge and experience of human resources filing systems and requirements, required. Experience in employee benefit administration preferred. Must be able to present ideas and recommendations clearly and concisely both orally and in writing. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with County staff, employees and the public is essential. Must know how to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines. Strong computer proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel required.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree with a major in human resources, business administration, or management with at least 2
years of Human Resources or related office experience –OR- Any equivalent combination of education,
experience and/or training sufficient to demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits including
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Flexible Spending Account
• Health Savings Account
• Virginia Retirement System
• Paid Vacation Time
• Paid Sick Leave
• Flexible Schedule
A completed GPCS application is required for consideration. For more information or to apply for this
position, please visit our career site at www.gpcsb.org/employment.