BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST
GPCS is hiring for a Business Systems Analyst – As a Business Systems Analyst at GPCS you'll work with staff and leadership within the agency to assess reporting needs, gather information for state reporting requirements, and help improve internal processes related to Credible (agency Electronic Health Record). Specifically, you will:
- Prepare reports utilizing the technology available at the highest level to maximize efficiencies in updating and analyzing data including SQL report writing
- Use critical thinking to transform user requests into customized Business Intelligence dashboards and reports
- Present Business Intelligence presentations to GPCS staff, supervisors, and leadership as well as external contacts to include reports and dashboards
- Summarize data in a meaningful way for the target audience
- Interpret data from external agencies and troubleshoot any discrepancies
- Collaboration with Goochland County IT on relevant projects and processes
- Perform project management duties as needed for updating the electronic health record with new modules or improving internal processes to increase staff efficiencies and State reporting
- Develop internal data process to meet State reporting requirements
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science, or related field
- Five (5) years’ experience in Information Technology
- Strong knowledge of principles and practices of data quality reviews, project management, and SQL report writing
- The ability to use independent judgment in identifying root cause of reporting problems and developing solutions to them
- Considerable experience in interpreting data from external agencies and troubleshooting discrepancies to determine reporting errors
- Considerable experience collaborating with outside agencies, including IT providers and regulatory agencies
- Good verbal and written communication and presentation skills to accurately report findings to a variety of audiences.
- Good interpersonal skills to develop effective and professional relationships with staff, leadership, and outside entities.
- The ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
GPCS is a Community Services Board (CSB). As a CSB we provide a continuum of community-based education, prevention, crisis intervention, counseling, and rehabilitation to individuals, families, and groups in need of mental health, intellectual disability, and/or substance use disorder services. We are located just 40 minutes outside of Richmond. Position includes generous benefit package including paid time off, voluntary benefits for purchase, health insurance (including a free plan), and enrollment in Virginia Retirement System.
Position closes 4:30 pm on 6/27/2022.
Completed GPCS Application is required for consideration, resume and cover letter are encouraged.
Salary based on qualifications.