DEVELOPMENTAL SERVICES CASE MANAGER
GPCS is hiring for a Developmental Services Case Manager – As a Developmental Services Case Manager at GPCS you'll work with staff, consumers, and community partners to provide comprehensive case management services to individuals with Developmental Disabilities.
Specifically, you will:
- Complete comprehensive assessments of consumers and their needs
- Provide outreach to connect consumers with needed services.
- Maintain monthly contact with each consumer on the case load
- Complete quarterly reviews for each consumer on the case load
- Document services provided accurately and completely in GPCS’ electronic health record and the state electronic record
- Maintain attendance and certification in required trainings
- Build, develop, and maintain effective professional relationships with a variety of external sources, GPCS employees, consumers, and their families.
- Facilitate the development of a person-centered plan to include outcomes and identified services for meeting the needs of the individual.
- Monitor the plan and services to assure progress is made and identified health and safety needs are addressed.
- Conduct on-going risk assessments and plan for risk mitigation with the treatment team while adjusting plan, services, and supports as needed.
- Assure satisfaction with providers and the services available.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in human services field of study (i.e. social work, counseling, psychology)
- Considerable experience in provision of human services programs
- Considerable experience in building relationships with consumers and service providers
- Knowledge of developmental and/or intellectual disabilities.
- Knowledge of requirements of case management including service coordination
- Knowledge of applicable state regulations regarding developmental services
- Good verbal and written communication skills to accurately report on consumer services.
- The ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
GPCS is a Community Services Board (CSB). As a CSB we provide a continuum of community-based education, prevention, crisis intervention, counseling, and rehabilitation to individuals, families, and groups in need of mental health, intellectual disability, and/or substance use disorder services. We are located just 40 minutes outside of Richmond. Position includes generous benefit package including paid time off, voluntary benefits for purchase, health insurance (including a free plan), and enrollment in Virginia Retirement System.
Position closes 4:30 pm on 6/27/2022.
Completed GPCS Application is required for consideration, resume and cover letter are encouraged.
Salary based on qualifications.