OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST / SERVICE COORDINATOR
Occupational Therapist/Service Coordinator
Goochland Powhatan Community Services is seeking an early intervention Occupational Therapist/Service Coordinator to be part of a transdisciplinary team serving infants and toddlers age birth through two years and their families in the child’s natural environment. The incumbent will be responsible for contributing to intake, assessments, and eligibility determination, contributing to & writing treatment plans (IFSPs) as part of a team, and providing occupational therapy services to assist families in developing the skills that they need to help their child in meeting the goals they have established for their child. The incumbent will receive and provide consultation with other therapists on the team for cross training purposes. The incumbent will be responsible for completing all documentation requirements established by DMAS and Part C within required timelines. This position is dual-role, so the incumbent will also be certified and serve as an early intervention service coordinator/targeted case manager.
1. Licensure as Occupational Therapist by the Virginia Board of Medicine. Eligible for Early Intervention Professional Certification under Part C/DBHDS
(must acquire certification within 30 days of hire)
2. Early Intervention Certification (under Part C) as a Targeted Case Manager/Service Coordinator or eligibility for certification required.
3. Current CPR/First Aid Certification or intent to obtain.
4. Experience in working with infants and toddlers preferred.
5. Experience in working with families preferred.
6. Experience in working across traditional disciplines preferred.
7. Experience in working as part of a team preferred.
8. Valid driver’s license.
GPCS serves residents of both Goochland and Powhatan Counties. The Early Intervention Program is based in Goochland County but provides services in homes and other community settings in both counites. This is a permanent part-time position, 24 hours per week with schedule flexibility, and benefits include annual and sick leave. There is no expectation of non-competition.
The minimum pay rate for this position is $34.58 per hour and is negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
. Equal opportunity employer.
Full job description and agency application are available online at https://gpcsb.org/employment/ or by calling 804-556-5400. EOE.