Advancement Business and Data Analyst #F1972
Advancement Business and Data Analyst
Support Advancement Business Application in the area of Business and Data Analysis. This hybrid BA/DA position will provide analyst support for Advancement (current/future) business systems to ensure continuity in system utilization for a business area, or function, for its complete process lifecycle. Core duties include documenting business needs, system and data utilization, training and decision making support (reporting) along with establishing QA measures to validate data and processes. This role will work collaboratively with internal team members in the areas of Functional training, Application Support, Data Integrations and Reporting and will also serve as backup support in these areas when needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create and manage system utilization plan documentation that captures core business needs, data assets, training, decision making and quality assurance support per area/function or major business process.
• Liaise with University Advancement departmental Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to ensure that current/future process can be accommodated in system and/or provide mitigation support for process changes as necessary.
• Collaborate with Business Application team areas to ensure plan impacts are documented and assimilated across Applications Support, Training, Data Services, Quality Assurance and Reporting.
• Maintain system compliance documentation for associated systems that are periodically reviewed by IT/Security and Procurement.
• Provide backup coverage for other team areas as needed.
• 3+ years of experience in applied support of business applications where the bulk of duties included ensuring that the business need was being met by an associated technology.
• Strong organizational and project management skills.
• Able to communicate complicated ideas verbally and in writing and successfully reach a varied audience.
• Experience documenting business processes as well as the steps necessary to perform this process within a business application/technology.
• Demonstrable ability to learn new technologies.
• Experience in Higher Education Advancement Systems or similar Constituent management systems.
• Experience implementing new software solutions and associated quality assurance tasks and training.
• Knowledge of Salesforce is desired.
• Knowledge of email marketing toolsets.
• Experience in using reporting tools and/or SQL queries to validate data associated with a business process.
Review of applications begins 9/28/2022. Pay is commensurate with experience.
James Madison University is committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status We promote access, inclusion and diversity for all students, faculty, staff, constituents and programs, believing that these qualities are foundational components of an outstanding education in keeping with our mission. The university is interested in candidates whose experience and qualifications support an ongoing commitment to this core quality Anyone having questions concerning discrimination should contact the Office for Equal Opportunity: (540) 568-6991.