Assistant Program Administrator - Center for Faculty Innovation #S2639
Assistant Program Administrator - Center for Faculty Innovation
The Center for Faculty Innovation (CFI) seeks an Assistant Program Administrator. This position supports CFI efforts by providing office management, budgetary support, and high-level customer service to CFI program participants and stakeholders. The Assistant Program Administrator also provides primary administrative support to the Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
Coordinates CFI publicity and communications:
• Develops and manages website content and updates in the JMU's web content management system, Cascade CMS.
• Oversees program publicity via email, social media, and event calendar feeds.
• Authors an all-faculty weekly digest and special communications.
• Creates and manages programmatic websites as necessary.
Serves in the role of office manager and coordinator:
• Coordinates daily with the Program Administrator to manage administrative support needs, such as calendar management for CFI activities, travel, supplies, etc..
• Provides for a well-organized office environment and ensures appropriate documentation and records are maintained.
Supports the management of programs that enhance faculty teaching, scholarship, and career planning:
• Liaises with internal and external contacts to implement CFI programs and initiatives.
• Oversees the CFI browsing library.
• Supervises and mentors student employees.
• Co-leads planning committees for annual symposia and Faculty Welcome.
• Directs special projects as needed.
Provides primary administrative support to the Executive Director:
• Works with the Executive Director to design and publish outward facing documents such as the Annual Report and Strategic Plan.
• Manages the Executive Director's calendar.
• Provides additional support for Assistant Directors.
• Ability to operate effectively, efficiently, and professionally in a fast-paced, high volume office
• Ability to work independently as well as be a good team member
• Ability to appropriately handle confidential information
• Fluency in the PC and Mac computer operating environment and Microsoft Office with a particular focus on Word, Access, and Excel
• Fluency in social media publicity and website management using a CMS (Cascade or a comparable system)
• A general understanding of basic accounting procedures for budget maintenance
• Moderate to advanced typing/data entry skills
• Polished telephone communication skills
• Interpersonal and leadership skills
Review of applications will begin 4/20/2022. Position is open until filled. Maximum starting pay rate: $34,248.
James Madison University is committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status We promote access, inclusion and diversity for all students, faculty, staff, constituents and programs, believing that these qualities are foundational components of an outstanding education in keeping with our mission. The university is interested in candidates whose experience and qualifications support an ongoing commitment to this core quality Anyone having questions concerning discrimination should contact the Office for Equal Opportunity: (540) 568-6991.