MBA Program Director of Recruiting #F1870
MBA Program Director of Recruiting
The James Madison University MBA Program is seeking a Director of Recruiting. The primary purpose of this position is to help recruit students to enroll in the JMU MBA program. The program enrolled 94 students last year, and this position has the primary responsibility of ensuring that we continue to bring in 90-120 new students each year while maintaining student quality standards. In addition, this position will be responsible for creating a vibrant professional development program for MBA students by coordinating activities such as career-oriented training workshops, speakers, and networking events.
This position reports to the Director of MBA Programs and is a 12-month Administrative and Professional Faculty position.
About the MBA Program: The JMU MBA program is one of the strongest programs of its kind in the nation. The program started in 1970 and has over 2,200 alumni. Students can choose from concentrations in Information Security, Executive Leadership, or Innovation, and are admitted in cohorts of no more than 30 students. Classes are a mixture of synchronous online and in-person sessions. The program is rated as the 23rd best online MBA program in the nation by Princeton Review and 24th by US News. MBA student outcomes are particularly strong as evidenced by a 21% average salary increase, 75% of students being promoted or changing employers, and 99% of graduating students being willing to recommend JMU MBA to a friend or colleague.
About the College: The AACSB-accredited College of Business includes nationally ranked undergraduate and graduate programs. The College includes the Center for Entrepreneurship, Center for Professional Selling, Small Business Development Center, Capital Markets Lab, Madison Consulting, and other programs focused on outreach and engagement with the business community. Our very successful alumni hold C-suite positions at major corporations including SAP, Fidelity, Bank of America, IBM, McKinsey & Company, Deloitte, KPMG, and other Fortune 500 companies and readily engage with the College. Five years post-graduation, Virginia residents attending the College had the highest return-on-investment of the 82 business schools included in Poets & Quants 2017 undergraduate business program ranking. The faculty are teacher-scholars who are collaborative and supportive colleagues. The College has approximately 4,100 students in its AACSB programs and is highly regarded across the JMU campus community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops and implements a recruiting strategy with a goal of enrolling 90-120 new students into the JMU MBA program each year.
• Calls prospective students to discuss the JMU MBA program and to assess their fit with our program.
• Conducts quarterly in-person information sessions in Northern VA, Harrisonburg, and other cities in the region.
• Holds monthly recruiting webinars with prospective students.
• Establishes new relationships and partnerships with area businesses that help us to recruit their employees and have students visit their facilities.
• Assists with strategies to increase diversity in incoming MBA student cohorts.
• Works with the MBA Director of Marketing to develop prospect email campaigns.
• Assists the MBA Director of Marketing to develop recruitment marketing content for platforms such as LinkedIn.
• Partners with the MBA Director of Marketing to develop and deliver useful networking opportunities for MBA students, alumni, and prospective students in Northern Virginia, Harrisonburg, and other cities in the region.
• Works with JMU MBA executive coaches and other resources to identify professional development opportunities such as career development-oriented workshops.
• Helps plan and deliver MBA orientation and graduation events.
• Collects and analyzes data for MBA program assessment and improvement.
• Leads and/or collaborates on other projects as needed.
• This position requires someone who is a self-starter and is willing to initiate and lead varied projects.
• Prior experience working in recruiting, sales, marketing, fundraising or related field.
• Ability to travel overnight one to two times per quarter and to work occasional Saturdays.
• Holds professional values that align with the JMU MBA program's: optimism and happiness, transformative empowerment, connection and community, inclusive diversity, and intellectual growth and curiosity.
• Master's degree in a related field.
• Demonstrated outstanding written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Evidence of advancement in role and responsibilities in prior work experience.
• Prior experience working in higher education.
Position will remain open until filled, and review of applicants will begin 6/6/2022. Salary range: $73,000 - $75,000.
James Madison University is committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status We promote access, inclusion and diversity for all students, faculty, staff, constituents and programs, believing that these qualities are foundational components of an outstanding education in keeping with our mission. The university is interested in candidates whose experience and qualifications support an ongoing commitment to this core quality Anyone having questions concerning discrimination should contact the Office for Equal Opportunity: (540) 568-6991.