Kokosing Construction Company, Inc. (www.kokosing.biz) is one of America's 60 largest General Contractors and services a broad spectrum of clients in both the private and public business sectors. Kokosing's services include the construction of highways, bridges, asphalt and concrete pavement, and underground utilities. For 70 years, Kokosing has successfully attracted the most qualified technical personnel in the construction industry by offering visible challenges, superior quality, and attractive rewards. With over $800 million in annual sales and a commitment to its workforce, Kokosing Construction Company, Inc. is the winning team.
We are seeking Equipment Operators (Heavy Highway – Roadway/Bridge projects) in the Richmond, VA area.
Equipment Operators needed for heavy highway/utility projects; ability to run Excavator, Loader and Dozer preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Checks all fluids before starting engine.
- Works as needed on pipe/utility crews - work safely inside a trench box.
- Works as needed on bridge projects - moving or placing materials.
- Receives written or oral instructions from supervisor.
- Performs routine maintenance such as lubricating, fueling, and cleaning.
- Observes and understands markings on ground, hand signals, or grade stakes.
- Operates equipment in safe and responsible manner.
- When Operator work is not available, works with and assists crews by performing other duties as requested.
Kokosing offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, life, and disability insurance, paid time off and a 401K plan.
Kokosing is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action federal and state contractor. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class.