Kokosing Construction Company, Inc. (www.kokosing.biz) is one of America's 60 largest General Contractors and services a broad spectrum of clients in both the private and public business sectors. Kokosing's services include the construction of highways, bridges, asphalt and concrete pavement, and underground utilities. For 70 years, Kokosing has successfully attracted the most qualified technical personnel in the construction industry by offering visible challenges, superior quality, and attractive rewards. With over $800 million in annual sales and a commitment to its workforce, Kokosing Construction Company, Inc. is the winning team.
We are seeking Skilled Laborers (Heavy Highway – Roadway/Bridge projects) in Richmond, VA.
SUMMARY: Work on various construction projects by transferring from one task to another where demands require worker with various experience and ability to work with or without close supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform maintenance of traffic and flagging.
- Perform job site housekeeping duties.
- Assist with measuring distances from grade stakes, drive stakes, and stretches tight line.
- Bolt, nail, align, and block up under forms.
- Signal operators of construction equipment to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery to conform to grade specifications.
- Assist with leveling earth to fine grade specifications.
- Assist with mixing concrete.
- Assist with smoothing and finishing freshly poured cement, mortar, or concrete.
- Assist with positioning, joining, aligning, and sealing pipe sections.
- Assist with erecting scaffolding, shoring, and braces.
- Mop, brush, or spread paint or bituminous compounds over surfaces for protection.
- Spray materials such as water, sand, steam, vinyl, paint, or stucco through hose to clean, coat, or seal surfaces.
- Apply caulking compounds by hand or with caulking gun to seal crevices.
- Assist with demolishing structures, sawing lumber, dismantling forms, removing projections from concrete, mounting pipe hangers, and cutting and attaching insulating materials.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memo
- Add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one– or two–step instructions
- Deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables
- Follow directions
- Handle basic hand tools, such as shovel, pick, broom, hammer, saw, paint brushes, etc.
- Light or heavy handling
- Job site housekeeping
- Erect construction signs, cones, etc.
- Required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms
- Lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must pass Flagger Certification test to act as flagger.
Kokosing offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, life, and disability insurance, paid time off and a 401K plan.
Kokosing is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action federal and state contractor. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class.