McGuire Research Institute (MRI) is a non-profit organization, associated and located within the Richmond VA Medical Center, in Richmond Virginia. This is NOT a government position. MRI is an EEO and ADA compliant employer.
RESEARCH ASSISTANT - Part-time (50-80%)
S/he is responsible for coordinating and assuring integrity of all activities associated with conducting a clinical research study. S/he will ensure compliance with local, state, and/or federal regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates and assures integrity of all activities associated with conducting a clinical research study as it relates to compliance with local, state, and/or federal regulatory requirements.
- Assists Principal Investigators in the preparation and submission of clinical protocols, consent forms, and other documents to the scientific review committee, IRB, and other regulatory organizations.
- Maintains regulatory files in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Communicates with research participants, staff, regulatory affairs and data management groups, laboratory and clinical investigators, management, and outside collaborators.
- Recruits, interviews, and conducts study visit activities with clinical research volunteers, and obtains informed consent.
- May collect and analyze data to evaluate research participant eligibility for enrollment.
- Assists with the documentation and reporting of adverse events, completes and reviews Case Report Forms for patient eligibility, protocol compliance, omissions, errors, and submits these forms as required.
- Prepares and maintains written and electronic volunteer databases/logs.
- Perform data extraction and chart reviews of patients’ medical records.
- Ensures that research records are stored and secured properly, and that inventory and records are updated and properly maintained.
- Conducts data verification as indicated, documents, assists the investigator and protocol coordinator with questions, may transcribe and resolve queries of data in case report forms (hardcopy or electronic).
- Other duties consistent with the above responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Excellent communication skills, organizational skills and proficiency in research conduct are required. Knowledge of standard qualitative and quantitative data collection techniques; ability to follow general instructions; work in a team; good communication, writing and analytical skills; familiarity with social science research methodology is required. Ability to follow detailed instructions. S/he must adhere to legal, professional, and ethical codes with respect to confidentiality and privacy.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Master's degree or Master's or equivalent graduate degree in a scientific- or health-related field Or BA/BS in a scientific- or health-related field with at least 1 year of experience in health care research involving human subjects
Minimum Experience: 2-3 years clinical trial experience required.
Physical Capabilities: Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time. Must be able to carry light items – up to 25 lbs.
Work Environment: Office and clinical environment.
Pay: Estimated salary range of $48,652 to $72,001 annually dependent on experience and education.
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com