Senior Administrative Specialist
Senior Administrative Specialist
SALARY: $34,691.00 - $40,000.00 Annually
Closing Date/Time: Wednesday 09/22/21 5:00 PM Eastern Time
The National Center for State Courts (NCSC) is an independent nonprofit court improvement organization headquartered in Williamsburg, Virginia. NCSC's services -- research, information services, education, consulting -- are focused on helping courts implement improvements that promote efficiency and effectiveness, while ensuring access to justice, timeliness, and procedural satisfaction.
The NCSC is seeking to fill two vacancies responsible for providing administrative and office support services to court-related professional associations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supervised by a designated association manager, the senior administrative specialist position provides support to assigned associations performing general administrative and clerical activities in support of the association management function. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
• Preparing meeting minutes,
• Tracking meeting dates, as necessary,
• Handling mail, email and telephone calls from association members and the public,
• Processing conference registrations using CRM software,
• Using meeting management/planning software to process data for conferences,
• Providing on-site support at conferences and meetings for program set-ups, registrations, exhibitor contact and coordination,
• Assisting with planning of social activities for conferences including soliciting contracts with venues and caterers, and scheduling and on-site execution,
• Preparing and processing payable vouchers; reconciling online payments and invoicing members,
• Assisting in the preparation of budgets and monthly reports; and
• Providing staff assistance for committees,
• Updating website content,
• Creating post-conference feedback surveys using survey software, and
• Other administrative duties in support as assigned.
To be considered applicants must possess the following qualifications.
• A high school diploma or equivalent; or a combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the job; An Associate degree or some college is desirable,
• A minimum of five years' experience providing administrative and secretarial support; experience that includes meeting planning or work in the hospitality industry considered a plus,
• Proficiency in using PC and MS Office products,
• Proficiency using Excel to create spreadsheets, develop budgets and manipulate data essential,
• Basic skills using database software,
• Basic understanding of accounting principles,
• Knowledge of effective office practices and procedures,
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with a diverse customer group,
• A customer-focused attitude; and
• Ability to travel frequently overnight.
In the REFERENCE portion of your online application please list three persons who are not related to you and who have definite knowledge of your qualifications and fitness for the position to which you are applying. Do not repeat names of supervisors listed under experience.
National Center for State Courts is an Equal Opportunity/Disability/Veteran Employer