Warehouse Shipping Associate
Come join our championship team in our brand-new warehouse in Ashland, VA! Since this is a new warehouse, there are endless opportunities for growth!
We are offering both full-time and part-time Shipping Positions!
NEFCO offers competitive wages and benefits including medical, dental and 401(k).
Sign on bonus up to $1,000 available!
Responsibilities include the following:
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for pulling, packing and shipping all products leaving the warehouse
- Verifying actual products received against items listed in RF technology or ERP system
- Confirming product integrity and ensuring products are placed with the correct and appropriate shipping labels and outbound trucks
- Operating machinery including a forklift in a safe and proper manner
- Loading trucks and using work devices such as forklifts, cherry pickers, or sorting bins
- Maintaining cleanliness of shipping area including loading docks and trash areas
- Communicate consistently with management, all branch personnel
- Monday – Friday
- 40 hours
- Ability to use NEFCO’s ERP software system
- Ability to use warehouse layouts for planning purposes
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, or Outlook a plus
- Basic computer skills
- Must have a positive, hard-working attitude
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and little supervision
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to stands on concrete floor for long periods of time
- Must be able to work in various climate conditions such as cold, heat, humidity for a long period of time
- Ability to crouch, stoop, kneel, crawl and twist for lifting
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to review and interpret computer images and written documents
- Analytical ability including basic math skills
- Must pass the background check.