Digital Marketing Design Specialist #01365A
Digital Marketing Design Specialist (01365A)
This position is responsible for supporting Old Dominion University by providing the Office of University Communications through digital and web graphic design. The incumbent will design and develop multimedia solutions and materials in collaboration with other content creators, adhering to project timelines in support of visually and contextually communicating messages aligned with unit strategy.
Considerable knowledge of graphic and visual production techniques. Considerable knowledge of Adobe: InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. Some working knowledge of streaming video and sound, blogs and email design embedded imagery. Some working knowledge of Java, HTML, PHP and macromedia flash. Considerable knowledge of effective problem solving and customer service techniques. Demonstrated skill in the use of Microsoft Office products. Effective oral and written communications skills. Demonstrated ability to make websites very user friendly, easy to navigate and seamlessly integrate in programs. Demonstrated ability to use sound public relations and marketing principles and techniques. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple graphic design projects. Demonstrated ability to complete projects in a timely manner.
Considerable experience in graphic art production or related work using conventional and state-of-the-art technology; graphic design; production technologies; and project management.
Design audio/video, multimedia, and digital graphics to meet specific commercial or promotional needs as well as continuously improve navigation, accessibility, usability and brand image of electronic-marketing tools and electronic communications products.
• Produce digital design content to spec following creative briefs for various platforms used by the university, including its website, interactive applications, marketing materials, online communities, e-newsletters, invitations, and event video displays.
• Create, develop, present, and execute digital design solutions that are strong, attractive, fresh, and intuitive, ensuring the best possible user experience.
• Design interactive elements for the college's digital communications portfolio that support optimal navigation and usability.
• Continually research, test markets, and troubleshoot existing and future end-user experience and design and apply these practices to the college's website, email, and other communications.
• Design social media assets such as Instagram story templates, branding assets, TikTok videos, etc.
• Provide creative support for digital advertising, including designing ads for multiple platforms, and working with vendors and partners.
Collaborate with other University Communications staff to design and produce print and digital content for the Office of Admissions.
• Design key printed materials
• Design digital graphics for emails and website
• Design all advertising used in digital banners, outdoor ads and print
Other duties related as assigned - This position may be called upon to perform other related duties as needed.
Demonstrated ability to work within the guidelines of a well-conceived branding initiative. Some experience in graphic art production or related work working in a higher education environment. Some experience working with Canva. Bachelor's degree in art/graphic design; or equivalent experience or training may be substituted.
Conditions of Employment:
This is an open until filled recruitment. This recruitment may close after the five-day required posting period when a suitable pool of applicants has been generated.
To review the full position requirements and submit an application, please visit https://jobs.odu.edu/postings/18579 Old Dominion University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution.