Presidential Bank is accepting application for full-time tellers at our Leesburg and Reston locations.
The Branch Teller position is primarily responsible for providing services to bank customers by conducting appropriate transactions such as processing bank deposits, check cashing, withdrawals, and loan payments.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive checking and savings deposits: verify cash and endorsements, receive proper identification for cash back, and issue receipts of deposit.
- Examine checks deposited and determine proper funds availability based on regulation requirements and complete Hold Notices.
- Process savings withdrawals.
- Cash checks: verify endorsement, receive proper identification, and ensure validity.
- Identify counterfeit currency.
- Answer basic customer inquiries regarding interest rates, service charges, and account histories while complying with disclosure requirements, regulations and consumer privacy policies.
- Cross-sell bank products and services.
- Refer customers to the proper department for issues that cannot be resolved at the teller line.
- Count and roll loose coins.
- Issue cashier’s checks, redeem U.S. Savings Bonds, and sell Travelers Checks.
- Accept loan payments: verify payment amount and issue receipts.
- Ensure teller station is properly supplied.
- Balance drawer daily, including periodic batching of cashed checks.
- Maintain appropriate currency logs.
- Follow all bank policies and procedures.
- Perform additional duties as assigned including covering other branches.
- Other projects or duties as assigned.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- The ability to prioritize and make on-the-spot decisions regarding customer transactions, weighing customer satisfaction issues with Bank exposure to loss or fraud.
- Mathematical skills.
- In-depth knowledge of all bank deposit products and policies.
- Basic knowledge of bank loan, trust, and investment center products.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to cross sell- in store branches.
- High degree of accuracy.
- Strong communication skills.
- Organizational skills.
Presidential Bank, FSB is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.