Red Wagon Youth Transportation Services, LLC - Activity Bus Driver
If the sound of children laughing, singing and playing is music to your ears, we're interested in talking with you. We have immediate openings for Activity Bus Drivers with a good driving records. The successful candidate will have experience driving a 14 to 29 passenger activity bus as well as working with children, and we are anxious to talk with anyone who has transported grade school-aged children to and from programs in the past. Our Bus Drivers are an essential part of our transportation system, and we value their contributions. We offer excellent bonus opportunities and a competitive hourly rate starting $20 per hour for non-CDL drivers and $25 per hour for CDL drivers.
Begin working for Red Wagon as early as Oct. 18th, 2021. We are looking for drivers as early as 7:00am and as late as 8:00pm. Drivers can potentially work up to 35 hours per week, while being on the road for no more than 6 hours per day.
- Transport children to and from school in the mornings and afternoons
- Transport children to and from after-school programs
- Verify routes and riders before each trip
- Maintain a clean and mechanically-sound bus at all times
- Obey all traffic laws
- Perform inspections of the bus before and after each route
- Ensure safety of all students
- Discipline children when required to maintain a safe and healthy environment
- Assist students with getting on and off the bus when required
- Attend monthly safety meetings
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- CDL license required for 29 passenger buses, not required for 14 passenger buses
- 1+ years' experience driving a 14 to 29 passenger bus (training provided for the right candidate)
- No at-fault traffic accidents in the last 5 years
- Clean driving record (no traffic citations in last 3 years)
- Maintain a clean driving record while employed
- Ability to carry out assigned routes on time
- Excellent communication skills
- 2+ years' working with children preferred
Prior to an employment offer, candidates will submit to an extensive background check. Activity Bus Drivers will report directly to the Transportation Coordinator. Drivers are eligible to work up to 35 hours per week. Hours may vary, including mornings, evenings, and weekends. Starting pay is $20-25 p/hr. and based on experience. Red Wagon services are available in accordance with Richmond Public School’s calendar.
Interested candidates may submit resumes and driving records to email@example.com for further consideration.
Red Wagon Youth Transportation Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.