Assistant Machine Operator
Calling all Machine Operators in the Greater Richmond Region!
INDEVCO is an expanding company hiring for a new position with growth potential. We are seeking to add Machine Operators for our Doswell, VA facility. The function of this role is to safely operate our machinery, producing quality products at all steps in the process. We are recruiting for all three shifts of our operations and are looking for those who have availability.
Employees receive a very competitive benefits package including life, medical and dental coverage, 401(K) matching plan, and paid vacation. Employee Tuition Reimbursement benefit for professional certification and degree programs are also offered!
At INDEVCO as the Machine Operator, you'll assist in taking care of all machine-specific functions such as configuring the equipment, loading, and operating the machines, and optimizing the machine capability. The Machine Operator complies to all safety and 5S standards while operating our array of machinery. This position requires excellent troubleshooting and preventative maintenance skills.
- Works and converses in terms of improving quality and efficiency while eliminating waste
- Ensures the production of products and services meet or exceed customer expectations
- Recognizes, stops, and resolves any operations that violate approved quality and safety standards
- Improves organization processes as an individual, and as a team member, while promoting a culture of inclusion, collaboration, and respect
- Understands safety, environmental, and quality policies
- Monitors machine operation throughout the day
- Makes machine adjustments and assists with routine preventative maintenance
- Maintains log sheets
- Keeps machine and area around the machine clean and in compliance with the 5S standards
- Knowledge of machinery functions
- Basic computer and math skills
- Forklift and clamp truck operations (will train)
- A demonstrated history of learning and applying new information and technology
- Proficient in communicating in the English language (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Capable of lifting approximately 50 lbs.
- Capable of standing for long periods of time
- Must be available for shiftwork
Starting pay is $18-20/hr which varies upon experience
INDEVCO North America, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants based upon race, religion, color, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental impairment, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal or state laws, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies.