ANALYST, REAL ESTATE SOLUTIONS
ANALYST, REAL ESTATE SOLUTIONS
Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) is seeking an Analyst to join its Real Estate Solutions Division. As a member of the Real Estate Solutions team, the Analyst will support VEDP’s goals of helping to create jobs and investment in Virginia by developing the inventory of properties available for companies seeking to locate and expand in the Commonwealth. The Analyst will work closely with internal and external partners to further VEDP’s mission of winning manufacturing projects for Virginia.
- Analyze companies’ real estate requirements to understand their impact on Virginia’s competitiveness and inform property development strategies
- Support VEDP’s initiative to bridge gaps in the availability of properties to improve Virginia’s competitiveness in attracting and retaining companies
- Develop and present essential real estate analysis and site development strategy to stakeholders
- Build relationships with local and regional partners, other state agencies, commercial real estate agents, and developers to implement site development strategies
- Establish first-hand knowledge of the properties available in Virginia
- Maintain and enhance information collected in Virginia’s database of available properties to meet the analytical and marketing needs of all users
- Impeccable communication skills (verbal and written) and experience conveying complex content to stakeholders
- Strong editing skills
- Strong motivation to sharpen analytical skills and bring new and innovative ideas to the team
- Knowledge of commercial real estate or development, project management fundamentals, and local government is preferred
- Advanced knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong organizational skills and experience managing multiple projects
Highly competitive applicants will also have one or several of the following:
- Ability to visually represent data in creative ways
- Knowledge of economic development or regional/urban planning
- Familiarity with Virginia’s economy
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in economics, business, public policy/administration, planning, or a related field or equivalent work experience is preferred
- Experience applying data capture and analysis techniques and tools in academic or professional settings
- Academic or professional experience in the fields of economic development, regional/ urban planning, or commercial real estate is preferred
Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. VEDP uses the E-Verify system and does not provide sponsorship.
All candidates must apply through our website: https://www.vedp.org/careers. A valid driver’s license and some overnight travel required. Applicants must provide a résumé and a short cover letter. Work samples may be requested of short-listed applicants. Salary minimum: $65,000. Application deadline: March 31, 2023.
VEDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. VEDP intends that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VEDP Human Resources at 1-804-545-5634 or vedphr@VEDP.org. TDD 1-800-828-1120.