The Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) is seeking an experienced economic development professional to successfully promote Virginia to targeted corporate executives and consultants as the preferred location for new and expanding business facilities.
- Work with interested company executives, along with other state, local and regional economic developers to successfully locate new and expanding business operations to Virginia
- Support the development and implementation of VEDP’s lead generation strategy and work alongside a team to successfully generate results that meet the Business Investment Division’s performance metrics
- Support VEDP’s lead generation programs by conducting targeted marketing outreach to prospective companies, site selection consultants, commercial real estate brokers and other audiences
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a team environment and leverage partners in public and private sectors, including higher education partners, and local and regional economic development partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to plan and successfully manage multiple tasks
- Proficiency in using multiple PC software packages is required
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
- Five years of economic development, sales, marketing, business development and/or lead generation experience is preferred
- Considerable executive level sales and marketing experience in an economic development office or corporate business environment
- Demonstrated project management and lead generation experience
- Experience in developing and implementing a sales and marketing plan to effectively close deals
- An undergraduate degree in marketing, business administration, economics or equivalent work experience is required
- Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) designation or other industry certification is a plus
- A valid Virginia’s driver’s license and ability to obtain a passport required
- Frequent travel is required
Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. VEDP uses the E-Verify system and does not provide sponsorship. All candidates must apply through our website https://www.vedp.org/about-vedp. Salary Minimum: $76,500. Review of applications will begin on June 23, 2022 and continue until the position is filled.
VEDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VEDP’s intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VEDP Human Resources at 1-804-545-5634 or vedphr@VEDP.org. TDD 1-800-828-1120.