The Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) is seeking an experienced economic development professional to successfully promote Virginia to targeted corporate executives and consultants as the preferred location for new and expanding business facilities. This position is part of the Products Team in the Business Investment Division. This team is tasked with recruiting companies in the manufacturing and supply chain sectors.
VEDP was created by the Virginia General Assembly in 1995 to encourage, stimulate and support development and expansion of the Commonwealth’s economy. Like the special Commonwealth that it serves, VEDP has long been regarded as among the best in the country.
- Work with interested company executives, along with other state, local and regional economic developers to successfully locate new and expanding business operations to Virginia
- Support the development and implementation of VEDP’s lead generation strategy and work alongside a team to successfully generate results that meet the Business Investment Division’s performance metrics
- Support VEDP’s lead generation programs by conducting targeted marketing outreach to prospective companies, site selection consultants, commercial real estate brokers and other audiences
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a team environment and leverage partners in public and private sectors, including higher education partners, and local and regional economic development partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to plan and successfully manage multiple tasks
- Proficiency in using multiple PC software packages is required
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
- Five years of economic development, sales, marketing, business development and/or lead generation experience is preferred
- Considerable executive level sales and marketing experience in an economic development office or corporate business environment
- Demonstrated project management and lead generation experience
- Experience in developing and implementing a sales and marketing plan to effectively close deals
- An undergraduate degree in marketing, business administration, economics or equivalent work experience is required
- Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) designation or other industry certification is a plus
- A valid Virginia’s driver’s license and ability to obtain a passport required
- Frequent travel is required
Under Executive Directive #18, effective September 1, 2021, all employees must disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status to designated Human Resources personnel. If fully vaccinated, employees are required to submit vaccination documentation to designated Human Resources personnel. Those who are not fully vaccinated or have not disclosed their current vaccination status, must undergo weekly COVID-19 testing. All weekly testing results must be disclosed to designated Human Resources Personnel.
All candidates must apply through our website https://www.vedp.org/about-vedp. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Hiring Range: $60,000-$85,000. Application deadline: January 7, 2022.
VEDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VEDP’s intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VEDP Human Resources at 1-804-545-5634 or vedphr@VEDP.org. TDD 1-800-828-1120.