The Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) is seeking an experienced economic development professional to successfully promote Virginia to targeted corporate executives and consultants as the preferred location for new and expanding business facilities.
- Provide the highest level of customer service to clients through the entire project lifecycle
- Build consensus with external partners and stakeholders to successfully manage projects and programs to attract new investment and job creation to the Commonwealth
- Lead project management efforts between the client and Virginia’s communities to move projects forward
- Deliver persuasive proposals and presentations that clearly detail the value of Virginia’s business case for the client, including real estate options, business climate, labor shed, education, emerging and established ecosystems, quality of life, and incentives
- Collaborate and coordinate project management functions within VEDP and external partners
- Ensure the highest level of service and accountability is provided in all client and partner interactions
- Strategically leverage executive leadership within VEDP as well as the Governor’s office in support of project opportunities
- Ability to operate in a team environment and leverage partners in public and private sectors
- Outstanding analytic and interpersonal skills with the ability to write, speak and communicate effectively with diverse audiences
- Unquestionable integrity and impeccable business and personal ethics
- Strong collaborator able to work with multiple groups, encourage engagement, and maintain focus resulting in meaningful outcomes
- Able to set and manage priorities, delegate tasks, and motivate internal and external teams
- Ability to problem solve and successfully handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment ensuring timely and prompt response to requests
- Collaborative personality willing to consider different viewpoints and take decisive action
- Proficiency in using multiple PC software packages is required
- Strong data integrity experience with Salesforce or another CRM
- Five years of economic development, project management, marketing, and/or business development experience is preferred
- Considerable executive level interaction and marketing experience in an economic development office or corporate business environment
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) designation or other industry certification is a plus
- A valid Virginia’s driver’s license and ability to obtain a passport required
- Frequent travel is required
Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. VEDP uses the E-Verify system and does not provide sponsorship.
All candidates must apply through our website https://www.vedp.org/careers. Salary Minimum: $85,000. Application deadline: Open until filled.
VEDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VEDP’s intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VEDP Human Resources at 1-804-545-5634 or vedphr@VEDP.org. TDD 1-800-828-1120.