BUSINESS PRESENTATION SPECIALIST
Business Presentation Specialist
The Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) is seeking a Business Presentation Specialist within the Research Division. This role works to improve presentation capabilities across the organization by promoting adherence to brand guidelines and offering PowerPoint user assistance and guidance. The Specialist also supports the development of highly customized presentations to help the Research team and other VEDP divisions effectively communicate their message to clients and stakeholders. By enhancing the effectiveness of organizational communications, this position will play an essential role in furthering VEDP’s economic development goals.
- Offer PowerPoint guidance, feedback, and tips to users across the organization
- Advise on the appropriate and consistent use of brand and style presentation guidelines to ensure a high level of quality
- Train employees on the PowerPoint template as needed
- Assist with the management of a network of super-users to optimize template usage, identify and resolve user pain points, and reduce template errors
- Support Research colleagues by reviewing and finalizing client presentation materials, including editing, proofing, and adding graphic elements
- Provide support to the Business Presentation Team Manager in creating presentations for the Executive Team on high-priority economic development and organizational initiatives
- Create customized graphic elements supporting key messages from Virginia’s value proposition, ranging from single graphics to entire custom presentations
- Special projects as needed, such as internal staff presentations
- Demonstrated proficiency in PowerPoint
- Understanding of the technical aspects of presentation development, including graphics, constructing templates, use of masters, color themes, optimizing media, and delivery on different platforms (print, laptop, mobile)
- High attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy, consistency, and quality
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills
- Strong conceptual and design sense
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Resourceful and able to deliver with limited or incomplete information
- Adaptable, quickly grasping creative direction and receptive to feedback
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong time management skills, deadline-oriented, and efficient
- Proactive in communicating and documenting project progress
- Strong collaborator, working well in a team environment while also able to function as an individual contributor with self-direction and accountability
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject matter, or other combination of experience and education
- Experience using PowerPoint to create client-facing slide decks
- Demonstrated success in crafting, designing, and developing compelling presentations and documents
- PC experience preferred
Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. VEDP uses the E-Verify system and does not provide sponsorship.
All candidates must apply through our website: https://www.vedp.org/careers. A valid driver’s license is required. Applicants must provide a résumé and a cover letter. Submission of relevant work samples is also encouraged. References will be requested of short-listed applicants. Salary minimum $50,000, commensurate with experience. Application deadline: February 10, 2023.
VEDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VEDP’s intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VEDP Human Resources at 1-804-545-5634 or vedphr@VEDP.org. TDD 1-800-828-1120.