The Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) is seeking an Events Manager to manage all aspects of events for the organization. This position will be responsible for coordinating logistical components of VEDP’s events, including trade shows, marketing missions, site selection consultant events, conferences, and familiarization tours.
- Assist in the strategic planning, management, and execution of VEDP’s event marketing program
- Support the development and execution of event-related promotional materials
- Assist the executive team with the Site Selection Consultant Cultivation Program, including the management and implementation of inbound familiarization tours and outbound networking events to promote state/regional assets to site selection consultants
- Coordinate activities and events with local and regional economic development partners and other in-state stakeholders
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality on sensitive matters
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a multidiscipline team environment
- Ability to work well under pressure in meeting deadlines
- Ability to exhibit sound judgment in making decisions
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and effectively manage multiple projects
- Basic understanding of economic development principles and state and local government programs
- Experience in planning and staffing events is required
- 3 years of event planning and management experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field is preferred
Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. VEDP uses the E-Verify system and does not provide sponsorship.
This position will require travel and representing VEDP at multiple functions and events. A valid Virginia driver’s license and passport are required. All candidates must apply through our website https://www.vedp.org/careers. Salary minimum: $60,000. Application deadline: September 23, 2022.
VEDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VEDP’s intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VEDP Human Resources at 1-804-545-5634 or vedphr@VEDP.org. TDD 1-800-828-1120.