INTERNATIONAL PROGRAM COORDINATOR
INTERNATIONAL PROGRAM COORDINATOR
The Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) is seeking an International Program Coordinator to provide administrative support for programs that provide international trade assistance to Virginia businesses.
The International Program Coordinator is primarily responsible for reviewing and approving program applications, reviewing and processing requests for reimbursement from Virginia businesses, and collaborating with team members to advise on program guidelines. This position supports a total of four programs with a total of approximately 150 Virginia businesses enrolled at any given time. In addition to these responsibilities, this position helps the International Trade Division maintain and leverage data in Salesforce by creating reports and updating data. Depending on the applicant’s interests, other projects related to international trade may be identified.
This position is part of VEDP’s International Trade Division, which is recognized as the leading state international trade development program in the U.S. The International Trade Division provides a range of resources such as customized market research, international business meetings, and programs to help Virginia companies grow their international sales. Learn more about the International Trade division at https://exportvirginia.org.
- Review and approve program applications from businesses to confirm they meet program requirements
- Review and approve requests for reimbursement from businesses while following program guidelines
- Communicate with team members and businesses about the status of requests and advise on questions about program guidelines
- Update and maintain program documents including application forms, reimbursement forms, program manuals, and guidelines
- Maintain accurate records of program participants in Salesforce
- Help the International Trade Division maintain and leverage data in Salesforce by creating reports and updating data as requested
- Monitor program enrollment and track progress toward each program’s goal
- Learn about international business practices to provide support to team members
- Provide support for approximately one international trade mission delegation each year by working with team members to plan event logistics
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail to maintain a high level of accuracy when reviewing requests from businesses
- Ability to complete repetitive tasks while balancing longer-term projects
- Comfortable using technology such as Salesforce to track and prioritize requests
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and demonstrated ability to be responsive, helpful, courteous, and professional when working with colleagues and customers
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience working with Salesforce or other CRM software is preferred
- Experience applying guidelines and procedures when working on projects, whether in an academic or professional setting
- Experience with program administration is a plus
- Awareness of foreign cultures or international business practices is preferred
- A valid driver’s license and ability to obtain a passport required
- Candidates must have U.S. worker authorization status
This position is based in VEDP’s office in Richmond, Virginia three days each week and has the option to telework two days each week according to VEDP’s hybrid work policy. This position requires occasional in-state and international travel. VEDP offers a competitive salary and benefits package, featuring a defined benefit retirement program that vests in just five years.
Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. VEDP uses the E-Verify system and does not provide sponsorship.
Applicants must provide a short cover letter and a résumé. All candidates must apply through our website https://vedp.org/careers. Salary Minimum: $55,000. Application deadline: September 20, 2023.
VEDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VEDP’s intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VEDP Human Resources at 1-804-545-5634 or firstname.lastname@example.org. TDD 1-800-828-1120