INTERNATIONAL TRAINING MANAGER
INTERNATIONAL TRAINING MANAGER
The Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) is seeking an International Training Manager to develop and implement a schedule of live training events and webinars to educate Virginia businesses on international trade topics.
This position is part of VEDP’s International Trade division, which is recognized as the leading state international trade development program in the U.S. VEDP’s International Trade division provides a range of resources such as customized market research, international business meetings, and grant programs to assist Virginia businesses with growing their international sales.
- Develop and refine a strategy for providing international training and webinars to educate Virginia businesses
- Identify international trade topics that are relevant and in-demand by Virginia businesses
- Design modules and tracks to guide Virginia businesses on topics that are relevant for their level of experience or industry
- Develop a schedule of live trainings and webinars, including both free and paid events, as well as in-person and virtual events
- Identify and obtain speakers and/or training providers to deliver each training
- Develop and implement a promotion strategy and schedule for each training, including creating content for promotional materials
- Coordinate the planning process for each training event and webinar and maintain regular and proactive communication with colleagues and speakers
- Manage and provide certificates of completion and continuing education credits
- Manage a budget by tracking and forecasting expenses each month
- Report regularly on key metrics. Gather and analyze feedback from participants through surveys
- Develop best practices to provide each participant with a consistent, high quality, and valuable training and webinar experience
- Cultivate, support, and maintain partnerships with organizations involved in international training
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and organize a schedule to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to engage in effective working relationships with colleagues and partner organizations
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrated proficiency with Zoom, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint; experience with Salesforce, Eventbrite, and/or event registration systems is a plus
- Enjoys providing excellent service to internal and external customers and meeting deadlines
- Significant experience planning and implementing in-person and/or virtual events, including coordinating event logistics
- Experience developing or planning training courses and/or webinars is preferred
- Experience managing a budget is preferred
- Knowledge of international business practices, foreign customs, and cultures
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, business administration, or related field, or equivalent experience
- A valid driver’s license and passport are required
This position requires occasional in-state and international travel. Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. VEDP uses the E-Verify system and does not provide sponsorship.
All candidates must apply through our website https://www.vedp.org/careers. Application deadline: May 31, 2023. Salary Minimum: $80,000.
VEDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VEDP’s intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VEDP Human Resources at 1-804-545-5634 or firstname.lastname@example.org. TDD 1-800-828-1120