PROJECT RESEARCH ANALYST
PROJECT RESEARCH ANALYST
The Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) is seeking a Project Research Analyst to join the Client Communications team (Research Division). The Analyst will directly contribute to developing customized, client-responsive deliverables that effectively convey Virginia’s competitive advantages to major companies interested in relocating or expanding their operations. The team supports the management of economic development projects throughout the entire business development lifecycle from upstream prospect outreach to proposal response. It is a highly collaborative position requiring the coordination of inputs from internal stakeholders and subject-matter experts, as well as state, regional, and local partners.
- Collect and critically analyze project information to develop a strong understanding of client needs, competitive landscape, project risks, etc.
- Assist with the development of win strategies and compelling value propositions that successfully position Virginia as the leading location for companies’ new locations and expansions
- Manage development of client deliverables that effectively respond to client requests for information
- Coordinate with technical staff, subject matter experts, and external partners to develop/review/edit narratives, analyses, graphics, etc.
- Effectively use project management tools to ensure on-time completion of deliverables
- Ensure application of quality standards and conformity with client requirements
- Contribute to internal knowledge management activities
- Support other strategic initiatives and research projects, as necessary
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to analyze problems, identify creative solutions
- Ability to synthesize information/data from different sources in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage tight deadlines
- Capacity to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity and willingness to learn
- High level of attention to detail
Highly competitive applicants will also have one or several of the following:
- Ability to visually represent data in creative ways
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of InDesign and/or other Adobe tools
- Knowledge of economic development or regional/urban planning
- Familiarity with Virginia’s economy
- 1 - 3 years’ experience writing proposals or equivalent professional experience (may include internships)
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. VEDP uses the E-Verify system and does not provide sponsorship. All candidates must apply through our website: https://www.vedp.org/about-vedp. A valid driver’s license is required. Applicants must provide a résumé and a cover letter. Work samples may be requested of short-listed applicants. Salary Minimum: $55,000, commensurate with experience. Review of applications will begin on May 24, 2022 and continue until the position is filled.
VEDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VEDP’s intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VEDP Human Resources at 1-804-545-5634 or vedphr@VEDP.org. TDD 1-800-828-1120.