SENIOR ANALYST, ECONOMIC COMPETITIVENESS
Senior Analyst, Economic Competitiveness
Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) is seeking a Senior Analyst to provide timely, thoughtful research and analyses of Virginia's economic competitiveness. The Economic Competitiveness Division offers the opportunity to lead projects across all areas of economic development while providing frequent and in-depth thought partnership and engagement with the organization's senior leadership.
For more than two decades, VEDP has served as Virginia's state economic development authority. Like the special Commonwealth that it serves, VEDP is regarded as among the best in the country. As a quasi-independent state authority governed by a board of directors that spans gubernatorial administrations, VEDP is a nonpartisan organization with stable leadership and nimble, creative, mission-focused operations. VEDP offers a dynamic, collaborative, high-profile, fast-paced professional environment where a strategic, integrated, action-oriented approach is the standard.
• Support the efforts of identifying opportunities to improve Virginia's economic competitiveness
• Provide targeted, timely research and analytic support for select public policy and programmatic initiatives
• Assist in identifying strategies for making Virginia competitive for key, high-impact industries and projects
• Assist in identifying strategies to fully capitalize on key regional economic development assets throughout the Commonwealth
• Support the development of VEDP's operational and strategic planning efforts
• Support discrete projects and workstreams, as needed
• Excellent computer proficiency, particularly with spreadsheet (Excel) and presentation (PowerPoint) development
• Familiarity with Tableau, Python, SQL, R, Stata or other data and statistical analysis software
• Excellent strategic analysis and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
• Ability to multitask
• Ability to work under time pressure
• Ability to use computerized databases for project management, as requested
• A bachelor's degree in data analytics, mathematics, social science (economics, public policy, or political science), business, or a related field; master's degree preferred
• Experience in quantitative analysis and applying quantitative skills to solving problems
• The ideal candidate will have excelled in his or her studies while also developing leadership experience on campus and in the community, along with a high degree of intellectual curiosity and a self-starter mentality with the ability to learn new topics and concepts quickly
• The candidate will have passion for analyzing data and communicating insights in visually compelling ways
Under Executive Directive #18, effective September 1, 2021, all employees must disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status to designated Human Resources personnel. If fully vaccinated, employees are required to submit vaccination documentation to designated Human Resources personnel. Those who are not fully vaccinated or have not disclosed their current vaccination status, must undergo weekly COVID-19 testing. All weekly testing results must be disclosed to designated Human Resources personnel.
Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply. A valid Virginia driver's license is required. Open until filled.
VEDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VEDP's intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VEDP Human Resources at 1-804-545-5634 or firstname.lastname@example.org. TDD 1-800-828-1120.