SENIOR COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
SENIOR COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
The Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) is seeking a Senior Communications Manager to implement and oversee an earned media campaign promoting Virginia’s target sectors, economic development and workforce solutions initiatives, and industry leader testimonials. This position will also be responsible for developing and updating project and industry-specific case studies for VEDP.org and value proposition initiatives; cataloging media inquiries and responses by subject; and assisting with other communications tasks as needed, such as drafting media responses, press releases, event briefings, and talking points.
- Oversee the implementation of an effective earned media campaign that increases brand awareness and communicates Virginia’s advantages for business
- Develop and update project case studies for each target industry and covering all regions of Virginia on an ongoing basis
- Build media library cataloging requests and responses by subject
- Update industry-specific content and rankings statistics on regular basis for media responses and value proposition materials
- Assist with drafting or editing media responses, Governor’s press releases, event briefings, and talking points at the direction of the Managing Director of Communications
- Impeccable communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong editing skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality on sensitive matters
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a multidiscipline team environment
- Ability to work well under pressure in meeting deadlines
- Ability to exhibit sound judgment in making decisions
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and effectively manage multiple projects
- Understanding of economic development principles and state and local government programs
- Experience in planning and executing an earned media campaign
- Experience working with and pitching media on national level
- 5+ years of communications/public relations experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, or a related field is required
Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. VEDP uses the E-Verify system and does not provide sponsorship.
This position may require travel and representing VEDP at multiple functions and events. A valid Virginia driver’s license and passport are required. All candidates must apply through our website https://www.vedp.org/careers and submit 3 writing samples.
Salary minimum: $70,000. Application deadline: December 8, 2022.
This position is based in Richmond, Virginia and is eligible for hybrid work.
VEDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VEDP’s intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VEDP Human Resources at 1-804-545-5634 or vedphr@VEDP.org. TDD 1-800-828-1120.