SENIOR TALENT ACQUISITION SPECIALIST
Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist
The Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) is seeking a Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist to source, discover, and develop robust talent pipelines for current and future client economic development projects. Utilizing an array of resources, this role will actively support the development of best-in-class processes for talent attraction across various industries and sectors. This role will work collaboratively as part of the Virginia Talent Accelerator team, within the new world-class Talent Solutions Division of VEDP.
The ideal candidate is a dedicated problem solver and talent acquisition professional with a knack for creative thinking with experience working across diverse teams and industries who acts proactively in support of client needs and transforms best practices in talent attraction into outcomes. As a strategic component of talent acquisition services, developed talent pools will uniquely support current client and project work and set a foundation for future projects. The talent acquisition services are one part of a comprehensive suite offered by the Virginia Talent Accelerator Program which includes comprehensive training, video and media/creative development, and organizational development for new and expanding business across the Commonwealth.
This is a unique opportunity to work with the world's most prestigious companies as they deploy leading-edge technologies at their new or expanding Virginia locations. This role does not require selling or contract/customer development. You will do this as an employee of VEDP, which offers a highly attractive compensation package, featuring a defined benefit retirement program that fully vests in just five years. Ultimately, our division's goal is to create a top-ranked program that competes with existing industry leaders, Georgia Quick Start and Louisiana FastStart.
The position will report directly to the Managing Director of Talent Acquisition Services, Talent Solutions.
• Uses a variety of sourcing methods and outlets, including database mining, internet/web searches,
direct sourcing, social media, industry and professional groups, and networks to create pipelines of
• Executes project recruiting plans with the primary focus on building pipelines of potential candidates through sourcing, screening, and assessing candidates for fit (current and future projects)
• Reviews resumes and evaluates candidate qualifications for the purpose of presenting pre-qualified candidates to clients for consideration
• Participates in meetings with clients, colleagues, and internal/external teams to gather feedback and insights
• Tracks and reports key recruiting metrics and collaborates with the team to understand project hiring requirements and expectations to meet project goals
• Ensures sourcing activity is aligned to business diversity & inclusion objectives, and executes diverse sourcing strategies to ensure a consistent and robust pipeline of candidates
• Collaborates and is client-focused with a positive mindset to contribute to a developing team
• Proactively and professionally communicates, demonstrates industry and market knowledge, and takes a creative and strategic approach to talent attraction
• Delivers results and leverages opportunities to continuously improve
• Demonstrates expertise in verbal and written communication for internal and external audiences
• Excels under pressure, in a fast-paced, high profile and dynamic work environment
• Meets needs/deadlines of internal and external customers
• Self-manages multiple open positions for a diverse client base
• Shows excellent attention to detail and enjoys reviewing data for trends and patterns
Experience and attributes to be successful:
• 3+ years of experience in recruiting/talent acquisition sourcing for multiple roles
• Enjoys the art and nuance of talent sourcing in a fast-paced environment
• Plans and establishes priorities across multiple projects and follows up with a sense of urgency
• Handles confidential information while working independently and with the team
• Works within defined parameters and collaborates externally/internally and cross-functionally
• Follows talent acquisition laws and protocols related to hiring, e.g., OFCCP, Affirmative Action, and supports Diversity and Inclusion in hiring, etc.
• Hands-on familiarity with applicant tracking systems, Handshake, virtual hiring platforms, LinkedIn Recruiter, and/or related technologies and platforms
• Associates degree plus in business, communications, marketing, HR, or a related field
The following experience would be a plus:
• Applicant tracking system administration/reporting
• Working in talent acquisition portals or platforms (Indeed, LinkedIn, GlassDoor or related)
• Talent attraction experience in manufacturing or bio/health/pharmaceutical industries
• Talent attraction within an agency, direct placement, or RPO services
Under Executive Directive #18, effective September 1, 2021, all employees must disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status to designated Human Resources personnel. If fully vaccinated, employees are required to submit vaccination documentation to designated Human Resources personnel. Those who are not fully vaccinated or have not disclosed their current vaccination status, must undergo weekly COVID-19 testing. All weekly testing results must be disclosed to designated Human Resources Personnel.
Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply. A valid Virginia driver's license is required. Application deadline: December 17, 2021.
VEDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VEDP's intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VEDP Human Resources at 1-804-545-5634 or vedphr@VEDP.org. TDD 1-800-828-1120.