SQL Server DBA/Developer
SQL Server DBA/Developer
The Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) is seeking an experienced SQL Server DBA/Developer in its Information Technology Division. The primary responsibilities of this position include the design, development, implementation, integrity and support of the enterprise database architecture, databases, and programs with some project management. This is an in-person Richmond office-based position.
For more than two decades, VEDP has served as Virginia's state economic development authority. Like the special Commonwealth that it serves, VEDP is regarded as among the best in the country. As a quasi-independent state authority governed by a board of directors that spans gubernatorial administrations, VEDP is a nonpartisan organization with stable leadership and nimble, creative, mission-focused operations. VEDP offers a dynamic, collaborative, high-profile, fast-paced professional environment where a strategic, integrated, action-oriented approach is the standard.
• Ability to identify requirements, design/develop/implement server architecture, data models, logical and physical databases, data dictionaries and schemas.
• Design, develop and implement database objects (i.e., tables, stored procedures, packages, and triggers) in MS SQL Server.
• Create and manage ETLs using MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
• Design and develop reports using MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
• Manage application data interactions with the Development Team through REST based service layer.
• Assist VEDP staff with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
• Perform MS SQL Server installs and patching utilizing best practices.
• Configure and maintain database servers and processes, monitor system health and performance, ensuring high levels of performance, availability, and security.
• Preparing and maintaining storage management plans, including routine backups, long-term archives, and disaster recovery support. Participate in the development and deployment of the Disaster Recovery Plan.
• Manage the deployment of database scripts in development, test, and production environments.
• Research and evaluate new products and development needed to support ongoing needs of organization.
• Develop and maintain system documentation, guidelines, and presentations.
• Strong communication skills to support all project phases, in particular technical and business requirement discussions.
• Self-motivated, organized, independent, and proactive.
Experience and Education:
• 3-5 years in database design, development, optimization, and administration of MS SQL Server.
• Combination of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in information systems or related field is essential.
• Experience with the installation, configuration, and support of MS SQL Server (including SSIS and SSRS) 2012 or newer.
• Experience with standard concepts, practices and procedures related to database management and security.
• Experience in proactively monitoring database health, executing maintenance packages, monitoring space, and indexing strategy.
• Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, etc.
• Experience and development with Microsoft Integration Services (SSIS) and Microsoft Reporting (SSRS).
• Azure experience with managing and migrating database(s).
• Experience writing technical documentation.
• Data mart or Data warehouse knowledge is a plus.
• Vendor Certification(s) is a plus.
Under Executive Directive #18, effective September 1, 2021, all employees must disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status to designated Human Resources personnel. If fully vaccinated, employees are required to submit vaccination documentation to designated Human Resources personnel. Those who are not fully vaccinated or have not disclosed their current vaccination status, must undergo weekly COVID-19 testing. All weekly testing results must be disclosed to designated Human Resources personnel.
Hiring range: $65,000–$85,000. Application deadline: November 5, 2021.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
VEDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VEDP's intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VEDP Human Resources at 1-804-545-5634 or vedphr@VEDP.org. TDD 1-800-828-1120.