TALENT ACQUISITION SPECIALIST
TALENT ACQUISITION SPECIALIST
The Virginia Talent Accelerator’s Talent Acquisition Specialist role offers an exciting opportunity to work on multiple projects with the world’s most prestigious companies as they deploy leading edge technologies at their new or expanding Virginia locations. We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Talent Acquisition Specialist to join our team.
The successful candidate has experience in talent attraction efforts, engaging wide and diverse audiences to develop robust talent networks for our clients’ open positions, is proactive, adaptable, conveys positive communication, and demonstrates attention to detail.
- Create, review, and post job listings on various job boards, company websites, and social media platforms according to clients' requirements and guidelines.
- Track the status of job postings, including details such as posting locations, expiration dates, problems/corrections, and follows up to complete all necessary actions.
- Assist in sourcing candidates for difficult-to-fill and high-volume roles, utilizing various recruitment channels and techniques to identify, attract, and screen qualified candidates.
- Conduct initial candidate screenings as needed, including resume and application reviews, and phone/virtual screenings to assess candidates' qualifications and fit for specific roles.
- Participate in client hiring fairs and events including assisting with event logistics, candidate registrations, providing information about available positions, plus directly engaging with potential candidates.
- Refine existing talent attraction processes and procedures in support of efficiently attracting diverse audiences.
- Serves as the Virginia Talent Accelerator’s primary point of contact for select talent acquisition services on an assigned portfolio of clients.
- Support developed relationships with colleges/universities, community-based talent acquisition partners, transitioning military organizations, etc., for outreach and client talent attraction efforts.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of a talent acquisition suite of services as core offerings, including but not limited to onsite and virtual hiring events, hands-on recruitment support, and all related talent services for client success.
- 2 years’ experience in recruitment, talent acquisition, RPO/agency, or a related role.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage
multiple project tasks simultaneously to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with assorted job boards, social media platforms, and recruitment tools,
g., LinkedIn Recruiter, Indeed, ZipRecruiter, relevant applicant tracking systems and similar technologies.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet software (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets) and/or related productivity/management programs to track and manage job listings and project progress.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a flexible and adaptable approach to changing priorities.
- Displays a high level of professionalism, integrity, and discretion when handling confidential information.
- Brings a proactive and resourceful mindset to troubleshoot solutions for recruitment challenges.
- Experience in direct talent acquisition, agency sourcing, full life-cycle recruitment, or a related role
- Private sector experience working in and/or with large, multinational firms (preferred)
- Experience in talent recruitment for start-ups, expansions, or high volume hiring (preferred)
This position offers an opportunity to contribute to the success of our clients’ recruitment efforts and plays a vital role in finding the right talent for their organizations. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, have a passion for recruitment, and enjoy supporting clients in their hiring needs, we would love to hear from you.
Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. VEDP uses the E-Verify system and does not provide sponsorship.
All candidates must apply through our website https://www.vedp.org/careers. Salary minimum: $62,000. Application deadline: September 29, 2023.
VEDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VEDP’s intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VEDP Human Resources at 1-804-545-5634 or vedphr@VEDP.org. TDD 1-800-828-1120.