VICE PRESIDENT, INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
VICE PRESIDENT, INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
The Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) is seeking a Vice President of its Information Technology (IT) Division. This position is responsible for directing the functions of the IT Division that supports both VEDP and the Virginia Tourism Corporation (VTC) and provides leadership for a broad array of complex technology activities.
This full-time position reports to the VEDP Chief Administrative Officer and has regular interaction with VEDP and VTC’s executive leadership, other division leaders and staff, and a wide variety of technology vendors. The position manages a division of approximately seven professional, full-time staff members and two part-time support staff who provide Help Desk/User Support and Network Services.
The Vice President, Information Technology oversees IT needs for VEDP’s headquarters office in Richmond, which includes a datacenter; IT infrastructure supporting 308 employees across 18 locations; custom web application support; networking; telecommunications; hybrid-cloud infrastructure; and end user technology support. Additionally, this position is responsible for strategic planning and long-term direction of technology capabilities and improvements as well as tactical execution of related plans. The Vice President also ensures VEDP compliance with cybersecurity standards and policies and oversees a cybersecurity awareness program for VEDP staff. Effective communication with IT staff is critical, as is the ability to communicate with all agency staff, mostly laypersons, regarding IT-related activities.
VEDP offers a dynamic, collaborative, high-profile, fast-paced professional environment where a strategic, integrated, action-oriented approach is the standard.
- Work with executive leaders to identify, prioritize and promote agency technology initiatives that proactively support VEDP and VTC’s business goals.
- Conduct annual assessments, analyses, and plans to ensure adherence to Commonwealth of Virginia Security Standards and Policies. Comply with all guidelines and manage the cybersecurity awareness program.
- Communicate effectively with organization leaders and staff on IT-related activities, including upgrades and changes to technology, equipment, software, and cybersecurity protocols.
- Ensure support teams responsible for end-user support are providing service that is proactive, timely, highly responsive, and solutions oriented.
- Oversee network teams to ensure secure and highly available infrastructure and systems.
- Manage IT governance strategy and complete annual and rotating audits of various information technology systems using Commonwealth of Virginia audit standards.
- Define, promote, and enforce technology architecture. Support staff in understanding and remaining consistent with defined architecture.
- Continually assess IT equipment, applications, and programs to ensure VEDP/VTC staff are working at optimal and efficient levels.
- Develop and implement quality measures for areas of accountability, including an expectation for timely, accurate results. Ensure that standards are met.
- Ensure smooth operation and video conferencing capabilities of 25 meeting rooms and a training center.
- Assist VEDP and VTC Board of Directors with technology needs and access to documents.
- Develop technology upgrade plans and monitor activities to ensure delivery of technology solutions is timely and within budget.
- Develop and review cost and service models for key IT business processes and services.
- Assist with development of the Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) and oversee the implementation of corresponding technology needs for continuity and disaster recovery.
- Manage vendors and contracts for a wide range of technology solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science, cybersecurity, or other related field. Master’s degree preferred, but not required.
Required experience, knowledge, and expertise
- Ability to work constructively and effectively in a team environment by making positive contributions to the team’s operations, functions, and working relationships
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible experience in information technology
- Broad knowledge and experience in implementing/supporting technology solutions and securing sensitive resources
- Strong dedication to customer service, especially end-user support that is proactive, timely, highly responsive, and solutions-oriented
- Knowledge of SaaS platforms including Office 365 and Salesforce
- Ability to translate complex technology-driven concepts into action plans and practices
- Management of internal direct reports and indirect reports
- Division/department management, resource allocation, and project delegation
- Project leadership and management, working within external/internal cross-functional teams
- Oral and written communication expertise
- Support of organization-wide efforts
- Recruiting, supervising, and evaluating technology staff
Experience, knowledge, and expertise desired
- Experience with E-Discovery and Freedom of Information Act requests
- Experience with Commonwealth of Virginia IT policies, standards, and guidelines or equivalent NIST standards
- Working knowledge of server technology including Windows Server, VMware, Microsoft SQL, Azure, and Active Directory
Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. VEDP uses the E-Verify system and does not provide sponsorship. All candidates must apply through our website https://www.vedp.org/careers. Applicants must submit a résumé and a cover letter. Salary minimum: $135,000. Application deadline: November 28, 2022.
VEDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VEDP’s intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VEDP Human Resources at 1-804-545-5634 or vedphr@VEDP.org. TDD 1-800-828-1120.