Full-time position. The Technology Manager’s primary responsibilities are to oversee the streamlined operation of the IT function to ensure it aligns with the business objectives of the organization and leveraging of appropriate technologies to meet business and public safety service delivery needs. The Technology Manager will research, formulate, and deploy long-range strategic goals for the organization including procedure development, service delivery and regional involvement. This individual is responsible for all aspects of the organization’s information technology strategies and systems. Additionally, the Technology Manager will provide direction and support for technology and cyber-security solutions that enhance mission-critical business operations. The Technology Manager will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
The ideal candidate will be ethical, approachable, trustworthy, technically astute, and committed to public service. He/she will be adaptable to changing needs, build partnerships and collaboration across agencies and organizations that have similar objectives, while seeking to enhance the Town’s ability to meet community needs. The ideal candidate will be someone who has successfully held similar positions with a record of showing fairness as well as patience, humility, and a sense of humor while working with customers. Specific duties include:
- Oversees the development, implementation, and management of an integrated town-wide system of information systems and networks; ensures IT operations adhere to applicable laws and regulations.
- Managing daily operations and support; providing prompt resolution of all user issues; support and technology assistance for the Town of Ashland’s employees in the use of the Town’s information technology; Support the Town of Ashland’s servers and network infrastructure. This includes switches, firewalls, UPS, VPN, and other misc. peripherals.
- Provides direction in the development of the IT annual operating budget. Oversees the development of business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for all major technology related spending initiatives. Oversees negotiation and administration of vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Oversees the development and enforcement of Information Technology policies, procedures, and standards to ensure compliance with technology best practices and regulations.
- Performs needs and risk assessments to determine both tactical and strategic plans for maintaining efficient, secure, and updated technology for the Town’s technology infrastructure.
Minimum qualifications: Required: Bachelor’s degree in information technology, processing information systems, mathematics or business administration or experience that is equivalent; An extensive amount of leadership and management experience, with a minimum of six (6) to nine (9) years as director, assistant director, or manager in a comparably sized or larger organization. A progressive record of strong professional, executive, and administrative leadership is also an important consideration. Past experience should demonstrate a successful record of collaborative team building with staff, vendors and other service providers.
The Town has been a Richmond Times Dispatch Top Workplace for eight consecutive years and offers excellent benefits, including paid vacation and sick leave, life insurance, paid retirement and other benefits.
Starting salary range: $69,918- $105,000 annually.
Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter, resume, and Town application, available here.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free Workplace. Deadline for applications: Open until filled with first review on November 17, 2023.