ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF HOMEOWNERSHIP OPERATIONS
Assistant Director of Homeownership Operations (Hybrid)
We’re looking for amazing people! Come join Virginia Housing as an Assistant Director of Homeownership Operations.
This important role works closely with the Director of Homeownership Lending in developing, directing and assisting with the management of all activities related to the Homeownership Lending line of business, as it relates to Loan Closing and Quality Review of loans received from Business Partners. The Assistant Director works closely with Virginia Housing staff and Virginia Housing customers/stakeholders on partnership opportunities, programmatic issues and concerns, new programs and products, strategy, business processes, and training. The role manages the operations and processes specific to the receipt and review of loan closing documents, fees and loans purchases.
Responsibilities will include:
- Establishing and implementing policies and procedures to most effectively handle internal and external lending activities.
- Working closely with Loan Closing Managers and Quality Review Managers to identify and assess process improvement opportunities, process flows, new programs and their impact on the department and the technology related to loan closing/purchase of mortgage loans.
- Ensuring that loans closed by our Lending Partners and those originated directly are in compliance with all Federal Lending practices and program guidelines. Including but not limited to, GSE guidelines, including Ginnie Mae delivery requirements, FHA, VA, RHS and Private Mortgage Insurance.
- Staying abreast of all Federal regulatory changes, e.g. RESPA, Truth-in-Lending and TRID.
- Partnering with cross division teams, such as, Programs Team, to work through the design and implementation of all H/O programs. This includes working with Business Partner Relationship Manager to work through system anomalies and reporting requirements.
- From a Secondary Market perspective, ensuring that loan pools are certified in a timely manner and all documentation needed for sale of loans has been identified and obtained.
Qualified candidates must possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in the field.
- Many years (7+ preferred) of diverse business experience in mortgage banking with special emphasis on Loan Closing and Secondary Marketing requirements.
- Previous management and leadership experience.
- In depth, knowledge of mortgage lending policies, procedures and mortgage requirements and regulations.
- Thorough understanding of mortgage loan programs with specific knowledge and experience with affordable housing programs.
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at http://www.virginiahousing.com/careers.
This position will close at midnight on Wednesday, December 7, 2022.
Hiring Range: $ 114,125 - $148,362
Hybrid work model (3 days in office, 2 days remote)
Background and credit checks will be performed as a condition of employment.
- EOE -