END USER SERVICES INTERN
End User Services Intern
We’re looking for amazing people! Come join Virginia Housing as an End User Services Intern.
This important role is part of the End User Services team and provides desktop support to internal and external users. The End User Services Desk staff work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, which provides services via phone, email, internal message system, remote software, and in person. The End User Services Intern has frequent interactions with customers, utilizing outstanding customer service skills. This role will learn to log and resolve incidents and service requests, ensuring that service levels and targets are achieved as well as meeting customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands.
Responsibilities will include:
- Learning to log and respond to telephone calls, e-mails, and tickets from users encountering problems, outages, or concerns.
- Learning to create, update and close tickets in a timely manner and document all activities in the ticketing system.
- The ability to apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Learning the appropriate software and hardware used and supported by Virginia Housing.
- Shadowing other End User Services staff at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, and troubleshooting hardware issues.
- Learning to utilize software and hardware incidents, including operating systems (Windows and Mac) and across a range of software applications.
- Learning preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of endpoints such as workstations, printers, IP Phones, and peripherals.
- Performing post-resolution follow-ups.
- Learning to troubleshoot conference room phones and audiovisual equipment.
- Learning the use of remote support tools to assist users with problems and to remotely update software.
Qualified candidates must:
- Be enrolled in a degree program in an IT Help Desk or Networking field of study or related IT or Computer Science degree program.
- Possess effective interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Have the ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Possess outstanding customer service skills with excellent verbal and written communication.
- Previous Desktop support with technical proficiency in Windows 10, hardware support and experience supporting mobile devices and VOIP is a plus,
The chosen candidate will have the opportunity to work up to 15-25 hours per week while actively enrolled in college classes with the ability to work additional hours over the course of summer break. This is a paid internship.
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at http://www.virginiahousing.com/careers.
This position will close at midnight Tuesday, May 24, 2022.
This position will be eligible for a hybrid work schedule.
Background and credit checks will be performed as a condition of employment.