INFORMATION SECURITY INTERN
Information Security Intern
We’re looking for amazing people! Come join Virginia Housing as an Information Security Intern.
This important role will support the Information Security team in performing both Information Security and Privacy job functions. This role will assist with conducting security assessments and providing vulnerability management support. The Intern will help in a variety of assignments in Virginia Housing’s Information Security Office related to compliance, risk management, access management, incident response, and vulnerability assessments. Other ad hoc duties may be assigned.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Information Security Officer with various cybersecurity efforts, projects, and programs.
- Partake in Security Awareness activities such as selecting educational videos from a vendor’s pre-existing bank, creating newsletters and posting internally about security best practices.
- Responding to requests for assistance from business units and other internal customers.
- Contributing to the ongoing improvement of Virginia Housing’s security posture.
- Gathering, reporting and delivery of security metrics.
- Assisting with Security Risk Assessments.
- Assisting with updating policy/process documentation.
- Supporting the Information Security Awareness program.
- Contributing to a positive and motivating team environment.
- Executing on team deliverables as needed with high attention to detail.
Qualified candidates must:
- Be enrolled in an Information Systems, Computer Science, Cyber Security, or related degree program during the internship.
- Basic knowledge of networks, operating systems, and vulnerability sources.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills, with the ability to juggle multiple priorities;
- Have the ability to explain technical data to a non-technical audience.
- Be familiar with basic security concepts, trends, and threats.
- Exhibit strong professionalism and customer service skills.
Preferred experience includes an understanding of information security standards (i.e., NIST 800-53) and Microsoft Visio.
The chosen candidate will have the opportunity to work up to 15-25 hours per week while actively enrolled in college classes with the ability to work additional hours over the course of summer break. This is a paid internship.
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at: http://www.virginiahousing.com/careers.
This position will close at midnight, Sunday, June 5, 2022
This position will be eligible for a hybrid work schedule.
Background and credit checks will be performed as a condition of employment.
- EOE -