We’re looking for amazing people! Come join Virginia Housing as a Maintenance Technician.
This important role will be part of a team responsible for facilities maintenance of Virginia Housing’s offices in Richmond, Glen Allen and Wytheville, Virginia. The Maintenance Technician will assist in performing general troubleshooting, repairs and maintenance of commercial HVAC, Plumbing and Electrical equipment. This role will also perform general maintenance such as sheetrock repairs, painting, carpet repairs, hardware repairs and grounds maintenance. The facilities team is designated as essential personnel, are subject to work outside the normal work schedule on an emergency basis, and are subject to overtime work, as needed.
Responsibilities will include:
- Daily inspection of facilities, equipment and machinery to address deficiencies or inefficiencies.
- Diagnosing causes of breakdowns, testing parts with appropriate instruments, disassembling and assembling parts, and making necessary repairs to equipment and associated components.
- Records management of equipment maintenance, performance and inspection.
- Assisting in maintaining multiple facilities building systems including HVAC systems, Chemical Feed systems, Energy Management Network systems, facility emergency backup systems, irrigation systems, food service equipment, elevators, carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and furniture repairs.
- Monitoring, maintaining and performing standard repairs to internal and external building electrical facilities and systems, such as tubes, fixtures, switches, photo cells and outlets;
- Light snow removal such as sweeping walkways and steps as required.
- Responding to customer complaints and callbacks.
- Responding during emergencies.
Qualified candidates must possess:
- High School diploma or GED. Technical or Vocation School preferred.
- A few years’ experience with technical training in mechanical work.
- Basic computer knowledge with familiarity with Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills with a professional demeanor and positive, caring attitude.
- Ability to work independently and without supervision.
- Valid driver’s license.
Preferred experience includes Universal CFC certification and/or OSHA 10 hr.
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at https://www.virginiahousing.com/careers.
This position will close at midnight on Sunday, October 2, 2022.
Hiring Range: $49,342 - $64,144
A background check will be performed as a condition of employment.
- EOE -