MARKETING AND SOCIAL MEDIA SPECIALIST (HYBRID)
Marketing & Social Media Specialist (Hybrid)
We’re looking for amazing people! Come join Virginia Housing as a Marketing & Social Media Specialist.
As a member of the internal marketing team, the Marketing & Social Media Specialist will be responsible for delivering on strategic marketing plans across multiple business units. This position will also be responsible for social media channel marketing strategy for Virginia Housing. We’re looking for a well-rounded marketer who loves to ideate and is ready to jump feet-first into a fast-paced environment. You’ll collaborate closely with team members across the Communications Department as well as stakeholders across the larger organization. The role will report to the Marketing Manager.
- Lead marketing initiatives for any of our key business areas–Homeownership,
Community Outreach, Rental and Human Resources.
- Collaborate with creative team to deliver branded promotional, advertising and/or marketing materials that achieve business objectives.
- Create cross-channel marketing strategies that link traditional and social media channels
- Analyze trends to identify new marketing opportunities.
- Work with external agencies and vendors to execute marketing programs.
- Work with a variety of internal and external partners to create social media strategies supporting Virginia Housing’s strategic goals and partner initiatives.
- Manage Virginia Housing’s presence on social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Instagram and respond appropriately to requests and/or comments.
- Keep abreast of social benchmarks as well as analyze, review and report on channel growth and other KPIs.
- Provide detailed analysis and insights gained from social media monitoring to optimize strategies as well as provide business insight for management on social effectiveness, impacts and business relevance.
- Responsible for researching new channels and making strategic recommendations on channel mix and when to engage new segments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field or equivalent, relevant work experience.
- A few years of marketing experience and familiarity with social media platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to interact and present effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Project management experience within a marketing or advertising organization
Preferred experience includes
- Social media certification.
- Government or nonprofit experience.
- Experience utilizing email to create newsletter templates for distribution.
- Experience utilizing intranet as an avenue for internal communications.
- Familiarity with social media tools, such as: Hootsuite, Hubspot, Cision, Social Cloud and Archive Social.
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at http://www.virginiahousing.com/careers.
This posting will expire at midnight on Wednesday, August 17, 2022.
Hiring Range: $65,251 - $84,827
Hybrid work model (3 days in office, 2 days remote)
A background check will be performed as a condition of employment.