MULTIFAMILY LENDING GROUP MANAGER (HYBRID)
Multifamily Lending Group Manager (Hybrid)
We’re looking for amazing people! Come join Virginia Housing as a Multifamily Lending Group Manager.
This individual will manage activities of the development staff related to Commercial-Rental Housing core loan production. The Lending Group Manager assists the department director with establishment of short-term and long-term strategic plans for the department in support of organizational strategic goals. This important role solicits, establishes and maintains partnerships with customers, key groups and organizations that ultimately enable Virginia Housing to provide financing for rental housing for low to moderate-income families, as well as financing for market rate developments.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage a professional staff of development officers and analysts.
- Monitor workload and production of staff.
- Develop and implement lending policies.
- Facilitate development of new business through existing customers and our network of commercial loan brokers.
Qualified candidates must possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, or related field.
- Many years of experience (8+ preferred) in commercial mortgage underwriting and lending programs with a few years in managing commercial multifamily programs including construction lending.
- Must have strong negotiating skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with experience managing a team.
- This position requires incumbents to drive for Virginia Housing business purposes. Therefore, incumbents must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Preferred experience includes advanced degree or equivalent professional/technical certification and familiarity with governmental multifamily affordable housing programs such as HUD and LIHTC.
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at http://www.virginiahousing.com/careers.
This position will close at midnight on Thursday, December 1, 2022.
Hiring Range: $114,125 - $148,362
Hybrid work model (3 days in office, 2 days remote)
Background and credit checks will be performed as a condition of employment.