SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER (HYBRID)
Senior Network Engineer (Hybrid)
This important role will be the lead network engineer for our network infrastructure. Primary responsibilities will include support of Virginia Housing’s traditional network infrastructure as well as supporting our software-defined network architecture, design and implementation strategy and working in a team of engineers to design and implement the software-defined network in relation to other software-defined data center components. A strong understanding of cloud network infrastructure, cloud integration, multi-cloud, hybrid cloud solutions are required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Network architecture, design and implementation strategy and working in a team of engineers to design and implement the software-defined network in relation to other software-defined data center components;
- Planning, procurement, designing, developing, configuring and commissioning networks and associated systems for network monitoring and incident management;
- Network documentation and policy design/compliance;
- Analyzing, evaluating and monitoring network infrastructure to ensure networks are configured to operate at optimal performance;
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing network problems and determining the most appropriate means of resolving issues to improve network performance;
- Monitoring the overall performance of systems to assess the need for updates, upgrades, enhancements, preventive maintenance and new systems including recommending options for upgrading and improving the performance of systems;
- Scheduling and conducting quality audit inspections;
- Liaising with network carriers and external resources for these organizations: defining and monitoring contractual obligations, performance delivery and service level agreements;
- Management and reconciliation of network supplier costs;
- Design and implementation of the processes, procedures and operational management associated with high levels of network availability and risk management including capacity planning;
- 24 x 7 Support of Network Services.
Qualified candidates must possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years working in a technical enterprise environment with a focus on network management/maintenance, during which the majority of the following occurred:
- Participated on multi-discipline, high-performance work teams/groups;
- Successfully developed and implemented new technology and processes, including design and implementation of data center infrastructure such as routers, switches, firewalls, load-balancers etc.;
- Demonstrated expertise in administering Virtual server environments, preferably VMware products,
- Demonstrated competency in project management and effective management of resources in the execution of multiple projects;
- Design and implementation experience for change, incident and problem management processes (preferably ITIL based)
Preferred experience includes:
- One of the following certifications is preferred: CCNA R+S or higher, JNCIA, CompTIA Network+
- Experience with Juniper SRX, Palo Alto and/or Linux Administration
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at http://www.virginiahousing.com/careers.
This position will close at midnight on Thursday, September 1, 2022.
Hiring Range: $99,239 - $129,008
Hybrid work model (3 days in office, 2 days remote)
A background check will be performed as a condition of employment.
- EOE -