SENIOR SECURITY ENGINEER
Sr. Security Engineer
We’re looking for amazing people! Come join Virginia Housing as a Senior Security Engineer.
This important role will serve as the lead engineer for our security infrastructure and will be part of the team that oversees Virginia Housing’s network security and design to ensure that best practice security configurations are in place. The Senior Security Engineer will work across the enterprise to design and develop complex security solutions to protect against today's threats and to help grow and protect Virginia Housing’s business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Securing and hardening Virginia Housing’s infrastructure, including (but not limited to) systems, networks, endpoints, SaaS integrations and cloud resources;
- Proactively protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information in the custody of, or processed by the company, by:
- responding in a timely manner to a loss or misuse of network assets;
- participating in investigations of suspected network misuse or in compliance reviews;
- communicating unresolved network security exposures, misuse or noncompliance situations to management.
Qualified candidates must possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent relevant work experience
- Several years of experience in Infrastructure and Information Security within IT (preferably with experience as a technical lead)
- Several years of hands-on experiences as a Systems Engineer or Network Engineer
- Working knowledge of incident response, threat modeling and threat mitigation
- Demonstrated competency in project management and effective management of resources in the execution of multiple projects
- Successful experience working with customers to develop effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems with experience participating on multi-discipline, high-performance work teams/groups.
Preferred experience includes a relevant security certification or network security certification; ITIL certification
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at http://www.virginiahousing.com/careers.
This position will remain open until filled.
Salary Range: $95,308 - $123,897
Per Executive Directive #18, effective September 1, 2021, Virginia Housing associates are required to disclose their vaccination status to Human Resources as a condition of employment. Those individuals not fully vaccinated by their start date are required to undergo and report the results of weekly Covid-19 testing.
Background and credit checks will be performed as a condition of employment.
- EOE -