SR. WEB DESIGNER
Sr. Web Designer
We’re looking for amazing people! Come join Virginia Housing as a Senior Web Designer.
In this role, you will provide ongoing design, production and front-end support for Virginia Housing’s websites, landing pages and more. You’ll also contribute to non-web projects, including digital and print design, working both independently and as a creative partner. The ideal candidate is driven to translate creative strategy into a well-crafted, compelling design that enhances Virginia Housing’s brand and supports our mission of helping Virginians attain quality, affordable housing.
Responsibilities will include:
- Creating/implementing page designs from Creative Brief, using templates on the Sitecore platform, and creating new templates as needed.
- Managing multiple projects and deadlines from concept to final production.
- Providing visual quality assurance, ensuing new pages appear and function as expected and troubleshooting issues in partnership with IT and/or external partners as needed.
- Creating concepts and designs that work well across channels (digital, print, etc.) to support marketing initiatives and Virginia Housing’s strategic goals.
- Consulting with business partners, account reps and others as needed, to discuss ideas or present work; using professional judgment to recommend design solutions that balance creativity, practicality, and cost-effectiveness.
Qualified candidates must possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Arts, Design or equivalent degree and/or experience.
- Ability to create in a wide range of media: web, social, email, print — using HTML, CSS and Adobe Creative Cloud applications.
- Strong understanding of branding and experience working with graphic standards.
- Familiarity with SiteCore and SEO.
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail.
- Link to online portfolio.
- Shooting iPhone photography / HD video.
- Video editing with Adobe Premiere Pro.
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at http://www.virginiahousing.com/careers.
This position will remain open until filled.
Hiring Range: $72,066 - $93,684
A background check will be performed as a condition of employment.
- EOE -