Staff Accountant (Hybrid)
We’re looking for amazing people! Come join Virginia Housing as a Staff Accountant.
This important role will be responsible for accounting transactions related to Community Outreach REACH and Grant accounting processes. The position will also prepare and maintain detailed records and reports which will accurately reflect the REACH and grant activities. Additionally, this position will assist the Financial Reporting Accountant in the production of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports that present fairly the financial position and operation of the Authority and assist internal and external audit efforts.
Responsibilities will include:
- Review and validate allocations, budgets, and disbursements to REACH programs.
- Reconcile discrepancies and prepare journal entries to ensure financial data is recorded accurately.
- Reconcile select accounts and prepare and record journal entries to properly maintain the accounts.
- Prepare the monthly REACH Report for Leadership to communicate to Board members and monitor Virginia Housing’s overall performance.
- Assist the Financial Reporting Accountant in all steps necessary to retrieve data from the general ledger and other sources as applicable in order to prepare required internal and external reports, including regulatory reporting.
- Assist with internal and external auditors to ensure reporting is prepared in conformity with general accepted accounting principles.
- Work with the Financial Reporting Accountant to ensure the completion of all monthly, quarterly, and annual closing tasks.
- Participate in departmental efforts in evaluating, testing, converting, and implementing new software and integrating existing business systems as identified.
- Develops and document accounting policies and procedures.
Qualified candidates must possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration or equivalent, relevant work experience.
- A few years of work experience in accounting, banking, or finance with a specialty in grant accounting, general ledger and bank account analysis and reconciliation,
- Conflict resolution, recommending and/or abiding by internal controls, and proficiency in working with reporting.
- Strong knowledge of standard computer applications, such as Microsoft Office products and accounting software.
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and standards.
- Ability to learn and understand in depth knowledge of Virginia Housing policies & procedures associated with core duties and approval matrices.
- Proficiency in written, oral and interpersonal communication.
- Attention to detail, time management and organizational skills.
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce.
We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at http://www.virginiahousing.com/careers.
This position will close at midnight on Thursday, March 30, 2023.
Hiring Range: $56,741 - $73,763
Hybrid work model (3 days in-office, 2 days remote)
Background and credit checks will be performed as a condition of employment.
- EOE -