Virginia Tourism Corporation is charged with promoting the Commonwealth as a premier travel destination by showcasing all there is to love in a Virginia vacation.
The Virginia Tourism Corporation (VTC) is seeking a Marketing Intern for the fall to provide key support and assistance to the Marketing Department in planning and implementing strategies to achieve VTC’s overall marketing goals and objectives.
- Provide technical assistance with web content management system (CMS) to include light image editing, content review, and updates
- Migrate and catalog photo and video assets into system
- Writing assistance with various content projects
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Strong attention to detail and pride in executing quality work
- Excellent planning, organization, and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Drive products required
- Strong collaborator, working well in a team environment while also able to function as an individual contributor with self-direction and accountability
- Strong time management skills, deadline-oriented and efficient
- Knowledge of Virginia’s tourism destinations and products preferred
This individual has a high degree of intellectual curiosity and is a self-starter with the ability to learn new topics and concepts quickly. The position is onsite in our Richmond office with the possibility for some remote work and is flexible on the hours per week commitment.
All candidates must apply through our website https://www.vtc.org/about/employment/. Applicants must provide a resume and cover letter. A valid driver’s license is required. Salary: Undergrad students $13/hr.; Graduate students $15/hr. Application deadline: September 13, 2023.
VTC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VEDP’s intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VEDP Human Resources at 1-804-545-5634 or vtchr@VEDP.org. TDD 1-800-828-1120.