We are seeking responsible candidates for an Environmental Technician position located in Colonial Heights, VA. This location is a ProChem satellite location at a customer facility. ProChem offices are located nearby in Elliston, VA. This position is responsible for daily monitoring, operation, and maintenance of industrial water/wastewater treatment equipment and assisting with environmental program management services.
Advancement and lateral opportunities are available and encouraged.
Work schedule: Flexible but must be maintained consistently and with punctuality.
The successful candidate will demonstrate an aptitude for understanding processes and the ability to make sound decisions with little supervision.
- Monitor wastewater treatment system in operation
- Perform bench scale treatment tests to determine optimal chemical dosage
- Follow safety, ISO, and EPA guidelines
- Respond to alarm conditions
- Troubleshoot issues
- Maintain work environment for quality, safety, and compliance
- Light housekeeping
- Wastewater and stormwater sampling
- Discharge report generation and other environmental reports and plans
- Regulatory agency interfacing
- Ability to problem solve
- Self-motivated but team player
- Mechanical aptitude - for making field modifications/repairs to plumbing and pumps
- Excellent documentation skills
- Trustworthy & responsible
- Comfortable working around and with chemistry/chemicals (for water treatment)
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma is required
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry or related science is preferred
- Previous experience in an industrial setting, specifically with industrial wastewater treatment, is preferred
- Combination of these
ProChem's mission is to advance our customers' water treatment strategies through innovative treatment solutions supported by a comprehensive set of services, while adhering to industry safety, environmental, and ISO standards. Our number one operating priority is to protect people and the environment. The ProChem team consists of chemists, engineers, technicians, and other professionals who dedicate their careers to preserving water quality and availability. Join the team and "work for water."
Location/Region: Richmond, VA (US)